WoW: "Hey, I've done that!" Goofs and whoopsies

I’ve managed to fall off both Dalaran and the Loch Modan dam (post Cataclysm, and went splat into the Wetlands). The Dalaran fall was a long one with a parachute deployed, after I flew my mount over restricted airspace. In general, I’m good at falling off things. It usually happens when I’m using mouse-look, then expect my character to move the way I’m looking instead of the way he is facing. Last night it was the alliance sky-ship in Deepholm. Panic, panic, PANIC - hit hand of protection just before I hit.

I also have the achievement for falling a really long way without dying.

Pro tip for paladins who try playing a priest: yes, Power Word: Shield looks an awful lot like a pally bubble. It’s not. Please don’t jump off things expecting it to save you.

When we were doing ICC10 content, I may have right-clicked to adjust my camera while I had Festergut targeted on my hunter while we were still going over strats. :smack: Nowadays I make fergodsdamn sure I do NOT have the boss targeted until the actual pull.

I’ve also done the disengage off things. If you’re a hunter and you claim you haven’t, you’re a filthy liar.

While healing, you notice that one of the life bars is going down quickly while you’re trying to also keep the tank alive, you say to yourself, “frigging stupid dps standing in the fire,” and then you realize the frigging stupid DPS is you.

It’s been four years since I’ve played, but…

Frost mage, Molten Core, doing that boss that requires a frost mage to pull by running out in front of it and hitting Ice Block at the very last second.

Me: run run run run run
Boss: WAKEY WAKEY EGGS AND BAKEY!
Me: Hit button right next to ice block, watch as a small ineffectual bubble pops around me.
Boss: RAWR SMASH!
Me: …shit.

Done this one multiple times:

Spent about 10 minutes flying around Crystalsong Forest looking for carrots for the cooking daily while i wait for the raid to fill up. Just when i’m about to throw the computer out the window…

:smack:

no quest items while you’re in a raid group.

My main is a mage, I have done the port thing half a dozen times easily.

Paged a GM because I couldn’t turn in a quest.
Why wouldnt the quest work?
Anyone?

Because the quest item was in the bank.

:smack:

So it’s your fault we get the “Tip: You cannot finish a quest with item that is in the bank”! :wink:

Back when I played years ago (and this is in Molten Core, so you know how long ago it was): We were waiting to pull a mob, and I was playing my pally then-healer. One of our Texan guildmates suddenly drawls, “Hey, why is Duke dead?” “I’m dead?” I ask. Yep, I divine interventioned someone instead of buffing them.

The number of times I forget I’m in a raid and panic, wondering why - oh why - I can’t turn in a quest…

I haven’t, but that’s because… a while back a mob mind-controlled me and, as usual, used stuff I would never have… “huh, what’s that axes-flying thing?”

Took me a while to find the Disengage button.

Done with quest, run toward nearby steep cliff and leap off. Hit button to turn into bird in mid-air (think the jump-off-the-building, plane forms around you scene in the new Tron).

On non-druids, which I do occasionally play, that button is actually “turn into crater,” since you can’t mount in motion.

Constantly: Hit some button that dismounts me while I’m flying across the skies and just want to pull up the map or my quest log

Back in the dark days, pre dungeon finder, I ended a long night of sunken temple running by porting myself to darnassus instead of opening a portal to stormwind.

The first week Emalon was out, i got my woefully undergeared hunter in a PUG. As we were resetting from a wipe, I was checking to make sure Cower and Growl were properly set to auto-cast / not auto-cast as appropriate. My cat took one of those mouse clicks as a command, and dutifully ran all the way down the hall to Emalon’s feet to cower in front of him, wiping us all while I stare idly at my spellbook tab.