Wow, I am honored

I went to OpalCat’s page and was reading through the flames, funnies, and fools and was amazed to see that a couple of things I have posted actually found their way onto the flame page.

A sure sign of overdependence on SDMB - Getting excited when you recognize a former post on a best of page without it actually being attributed to your name.

Well, shut my mouth. It’s also illegal to put squirrels down your pants for the purposes of gambling.

Wow, I skipped on over to that page and laughed my ass off. Opal really collected a few doozies, huh?

No, I wasn’t looking for anything I might have said. Really, I wasn’t.

Cessandra

The Power Of Christ: 2000 years and He hasn’t come yet!

I swear, no event so made my entire month as noting that part of my “Peanuts to End” OP made it onto the Funnies Post list.

It’s nice to know that someone out there is laughing at me.

Wait, no, that didn’t come out like I meant it to…

Anyways, thank you Opal, for making a scared newbie feel good.

JMCJ

This could be YOUR sig line! For just five cents a post, JMCJ Enterprises will place YOUR sig line at the bottom of each message!

I got a couple of my lines on the Page O Jokes, too. It almost felt like I had gotten published!

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Yeah, isn’t that thing great, and isn’t Opal a peach for doing it? I check it out just because she picks such great stuff. Some of it I remember fondly and some is new and reduces me to wheezing, gasping, tears down the face laughter.

I was stunned once to see a snippet of mine included. It was like being knighted. Damn, there are alot of funny, smart people here and it was almost eerie to be included.

Veb

I was pleasantly surprised (ok, shocked, amazed, and insane with joy :D) to find one of my own flames immortalized as well :slight_smile:

Thank you, OpalCat, for making my day :slight_smile:

“I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it,” Jack Handy

The Kat House
Join the FSH Webring

Heh… wow. Glad you all like it!

Teeming Millions: http://fathom.org/teemingmillions
“Meat flaps, yellow!” - DrainBead, naked co-ed Twister chat
O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

How absolutely utterly cool-beyond-frozen! I’ve got a flame there!

I feel like a genuine qualified Doper now!

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle

Miss Opal, you are a genius!

One suggestion: Please put a warning on the page of flames, fools, and jokes:
Middle-aged women with weak bladders should visit the restroom before entering this section :smiley:

It’s been a while since I read the Page O’ Flames, so after I read this post, I decided to go back and check it out again. I laughed just as hard this time as I did the first time I read it. There’s nothing of mine thre, but there is a post on the Page O’ Funnies that was in a thread that I started. I felt sort of honored at that. :slight_smile:

“The quickest way to a man’s heart is through his ribcage.” --anonymous redhead

I was mentioned!
I’m struttin’

I just looked at the page for the first time, and there is some pretty funny stuff there.

But, do you guys really think it’s clever to make fun of spelling and grammatical errors? Whenever I see that I think, “this person can’t think of anything really intelligent, so they go for the easy shot.”

Revtim…yes.

Wally, I saw yours, it was great!

I have one there too! I was so excited! Its like the 20th one down. I flamed adam pretty hard though, and I feel pretty bad about it.
shrugs Oh well!