Wow, that's a great cover of that song

That’s the sort of dedication and effort you don’t often see in most threads. Thanks for sharing.

Also, I’m jealous of how you, “can hear it in my head any time I want”. Not something most of us can do to without actually wanting/needing to hear the song.

RE: Golden Smog

The talent in that band should have caused a disturbance in the Time/Space fabric.

Huh, I guess I can do that… I just picked an album I haven’t heard in years, mentally took out the LP and dropped the needle on Side One, and let it play in my head. Cool… wish that was a marketable skill.

(I guess I could survive the bad guys locking me away for days with no sensory inputs until I told them the secret formula… “Hi, guys, can you give me another half hour? I got through Neil Finn’s work with Split Enz and Crowded House, and I’m this close to being done with his solo albums…”)

Not me. I start to listen to a song in my head, and I get the 78-RPM, highlights version.

Organ Blossom Special

Johnny Cash did the same thing with his cover of “Hurt” by Nine Inch Nails.

The jam band O.A.R. does a pretty good cover of Billy Joel’s Downeaster Alexa in concert.

I just found out that Sirius XM has a “Covers” channel.

Nice harmony…

Not sure if she’s been mentioned yet, but there’s a 20 year old woman from Bandung, West Java who goes by the name MelSickScreamoAnnie on YT. Her name is Meliani Siti Sumartini, and she plays guitar covers of metal songs. She’s very good, IMO.

Pink Floyd cover by The Running Mates.

Nice! Thanks.

Guess not native English speakers but still a wonderful “campfire” cover of Great Balls of Fire. I love the guitar part - I aspire to be that good! Plus he has a cool, young Steve Buscemi vibe going on.

This was a hit when I was in elementary school, still like it.

Don’t Walk Away Renee.

Another good Walk Away Renee cover.

You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling…(Righteous Brothers cover) Darius Rucker/Daryl Hall.

Nice!

I’m geeking out on stuff from my grade school days.

Also good! Thanks YouTube algorithm!

Doc Severinsen covers King Crimson

Vonda Shepard covers Don’t Walk Away Renee.