Wow, that's a great cover of that song

Nice find!

Another favorite from my elementary school years.

Since we were on a bit of a Left Banke kick, Alice Cooper has a surprisingly faithful cover of “Pretty Ballerina” that is quite nice:

And if you want a reinterpretation, there’s the Dickies punkin’ it up:

I’ve always loved that song with its haunting melody (in Lydian mode, one of the first pop songs to use it) and unexpected musical turns.

Nice, thanks!

Valleri By The Monkees.

Tutorial.

Some AxCx covers…

“Eddy Grant” (“Electric Avenue” cover)

Three’s Company theme with Seth trading off vox with Pantera’s Philip Anselmo

“Gloves of Metal” (Manowar)

“Stayin Alive”

And A-Team theme

Haven’t had a chance to listen yet (at work) but the album cover is bitchin’!

Ooh! I got one!
Chris Richards covers “I’ve Got Something on My Mind” by The Left Banke

Charles Bradley covers Black Sabbath, “Changes.”

Wow!! Thank you for that.

Charles Bradley was a James Brown impersonator that, in his later years, had some minor success and popularity in his own right. Seemed like a nice guy, very kind and sensitive. Kind of the opposite of James :smiley:

He passed less than two years after this video.

Here’s a cover of Marvin Gaye’s, “Ain’t That Peculiar” from around 1972 by Fanny, an all-girl rock group.

If you enjoy this, they play their original, “Blind Alley”, next. Fantastic song, the piano/organ player/singer & the drummer really tear it up. Great unknown group.

Interesting, I just stumbled across this yesterday before I saw this post! Fantastic.

I think Sound of Silence is a great song. This cover by Disturbed (new to me) is amazingly good. Lot more emotion then the original, but true to the song.

KWS covers the theme song of my life…

Interesting Game Of Thrones cover.

I’m surprised to hear Fanny called unknown, but then I realized that’s because me and my friends first heard them on one of those Warner Bros. Loss Leader double-LPs, then found everything they did, and followed Jean and June Millington no matter where they played.

Here’s an astonishingly accurate version of The Beatles “Long, Long, Long” done by one guy:
https://youtu.be/mZL_dd1VpNA

You saw them live? Cool!

They couldn’t get over the hump when they were still a group - they made records and toured pretty much constantly. They opened for big acts, not just once, but toured with them opening their shows. However, they didn’t get a lot of recognition or radio play, and they finally got tired of all the work and not making any money.

June and Alice give interviews today talking about these things, and they post in the comments under Youtube videos. One recounted a conversation June had with Jean, who was recovering from a stroke. When told about the popularity of their Youtube videos, Jean said (paraphrasing here), “You mean we might finally become famous?” June told her, “I think we have.” I saw something that says they have a documentary coming out in a month or two. I’ll believe it when I see it, as they’ve been taking about this for a couple years, but maybe they finally finished it.

Here’s Fanny performing their cover of, “Hey Bulldog.” It won’t play here, you have to go to Youtube.

Bob Dylan was–and is–a prolific songwriter, so it’s unsurprising there have been numerous “big hit” covers of his work. Most people are familiar with Stealers Wheel’s smash remake of “Stuck in the Middle With You”, but are unaware of some equally popular remakes.

For example, this Crystals record, was produced by Phil Specter, who even got Dylan himself to voice the song’s intro:

Specter then took one of Dylan’s early acoustic works and applied his trademarked “wall of sound” talents for another “girl group” classic. Their sonic masterpiece:

An early MTV favorite was a remake of one of Dylan’s more controversial efforts:

And finally, how well known is it that Dylan’s Rainy Day Women #12 & 35 is a reworking of the following?

Lulu. Sang “To Sir, With Love” back in the sixties. Her biggest hit here in the US. I think she is a fantastic singer. Very bluesy.

Drown In My Own Tears