WTF happened to improve Trump’s odds of re-election?

One less zero would be accurate, latest # is 174,000.

Wait no more! It’s like the easiest thing to Google.

CNN: Do gambling odds forecast elections better than polls?

A group of over 70 former Republican national security officials, spanning the administrations of Ronald Reagan through Donald Trump, have released a scathing letter criticizing President Trump’s leadership and endorsing Joe Biden.

“We are profoundly concerned about the course of our nation under the leadership of Donald Trump,” the letter reads. “Through his actions and his rhetoric, Trump has demonstrated that he lacks the character and competence to lead this nation and has engaged in corrupt behavior that renders him unfit to serve as President.”

The officials, some of whom are former Republican lawmakers in Congress, said they would support Biden because he “has the character, experience, and temperament to lead this nation.” Among those who signed are Gen. Michael Hayden (in photo above), the former director of both the CIA and National Security Agency; and former Virginia Sen. John Warner.

This wont be 2016 all over again, that’s for sure. Hillary didnt get that kind of support from Repbulicans.

You will find them in public records. Do you believe no one has been arrested?

There is a conjunction in that sentence. Sure, there have been a few arrests. But with the amount of lawlessness there seems to be very few convictions for the looting, arson, assault with deadly weapons, etc. if this were being done in non democrat controlled territory by violent groups do you honestly think the rioting and destruction would be encouraged and tolerated?

Who is encouraging rioting and destruction? And who has tolerated it? BE SPECIFIC.

You go from saying there are NO arrests for arson, looting, etc. to acknowledging it is in fact happening but now move the goalposts to say there will be few convictions. You have no way to know that. Trials take time.

I expect you will continue posting misrepresentations of reality though. It is to laugh.

Nuts occupying parts of downtown Seattle is complete fiction. Buildings are currently burning themselves down in Wisconsin. Stores are mysteriously being looted and smashed in Chicago by phantasms. It’s all make believe.

I am mainly curious to see whether Biden will beat Clinton’s 1992 numbers. If I were a Vegas oddsmaker (and such gambling were legal,) that’s about where I’d set the line at. Biden at 370 EVs.

Nailed it, Kolak.

octopus, the fact that you have to manufacture strawmen and move goalposts in order to hold a defensible position is a strong indication that even you don’t believe in the strength of your real position.

Yes she did: The Republicans Opposing Donald Trump — And Voting for Hillary Clinton

This “scathing letter,” while I agree with it 100%, doesn’t encourage me in the least. People stupid enough to vote for Trump either can’t read at that level or will never see it to begin with.

The people hurt and killed, the businesses torched and looted by deranged and unemployable leftist mobs obviously don’t feel they were set upon by a strawman.

One thing I’ve learned in GD, P&E and ATMB, is that regardless of clear and indisputable evidence of words or actions those who don’t want to see evidence won’t.

Yes, I’ve learned much the same thing, particularly when those people see the world solely in extreme Manichean terms supported by hyperpartisan information sources. It makes it difficult to have a reality-based conversation.

Like how you and agzem ignore clear and indisputable evidence of right-wing violence?

Exactly how fast do you think the criminal justice system works? Hint: not that fast.

You have provided no evidence it’s being “encouraged and tolerated” anywhere. Riot police have, in fact, been known for heavy handed methods in dealing with it.

Now, I’m sure he would condemn such things on his side too - for example, if we saw armed right-wing protesters breaking windows, damaging and occupying government buildings, and disrupting public proceedings, particularly if Republican politicians just “encouraged and tolerated” it. But how likely is that to happen?

Allow me:

Right wing political violence is and should be prosecuted.

Funny how you haven’t returned to that thread since.

That’s a pretty true statement you linked. When folks have made up their mind here there’s very little
chance of changing it. Regardless of evidence.

Don’t you find it odd that regardless of the videos and photographs people are still in Ministry of Truth mode? If this board and current media were around during WWII we’d have headlines such as “Mostly Peaceful Flight over Pearl Harbor” followed 4 years later by “Mostly Peaceful Flight over Hiroshima.”

How’s it funny?