X Files 5/5

I loved thise episode.

I thought I would really hate…
But there was great acting and more Doggett depth

I’m not afraid to say It was one of my fav. eps. of all time

PublicBlast, his name is Gibson Praise, and I forget what happened to him, too. But IIRC he was in the upcoming episode teasers.

JohnT, I read your previous mini-rant about Scully “abandoning” William, and I really can’t say I agree with you. Putting aside the fact that everyone and all the events in the show are ficticious, Scully was not a Horrible Mommy for putting William up for adoption–quite the opposite. Considering how the aliens and assorted bad guys always track him down by following her or going through her somehow, getting him as far away from her was a good idea. And I think you’re forgetting that in the particular episode your criticisms seem to focus on, Scully initially suspected that the guy was Mulder. If you accept that, then her not being more cautious about the “madman” is understandable. Really, until we saw him whip out the hypodermic needle, we had no reason to suspect he had any business with William. And there’s nothing else to indicate that Scully was anything but a loving, nurturing mother.

Ever since she had that kid, in almost every episode all I could think is, “Where’s her baby?” She didn’t seem to me to be the most protective mother, though she did seem to care about the baby when around it.

We’ve spent years waiting for answers re the aliens, Scully’s sister, CSM and the group he was in who seemed to be in cahoots with the aliens, the black oil, the chips in necks, the clones, the bees, etc., etc. It does not seem likely that they can explain a fraction of this in two episodes.

You missed it, he wad in the season starters after mulder was ubducted.

I asked this question after last week’s episode, and no one was interested in answering it, so I’ll give it one more try: are we all assuming here that the end of the series will be the end of The X-Files? Or are we expecting movies to follow?

Carter does expect to make at least one more X-Files movie, but that’s only another couple of hours. I still doubt he can wrap things up.