X-Files: Worst Series Finale EVER. Spoilers.

I personally enjoyed the finale. I like how they incorporated characters that died(?) like the lone gunman and wow, the Cig. smoking man? That was pretty cool. Now that Mulder found out what the truth is, now it seems like his mission is like a fighter for preventing the ‘truth’ to happen. CSM said that all he wanted was to bring Mulder’s spirits down but just like Scully said at the end, he’s not a quitter so he won’t stop fighting! They could just settle down because I think the government think that the helicopters killed Mulder w/ their rockets… but I doubt it :smiley:

I did want to know what happnened to Doggett and Reyes, as well as Gibson and Skinner…and I really wished they would’ve incorporated William somewhere in the finale…

The way they ended in the motel, the same way as the pilot, was GREAT! I thought it was great how they ended like that. Great ending for a great show and I’m gonna miss it much!!

Reoch

December 12, 2012. I looked it up on google because I wanted to know why they chose this date…and whaddaya know… I found this link

Pretty interseting…

I dunno…I just thought that was cool…pretty sure that was the date

Reoch

This reminds me…the season’s first and last episodes of XF usually number among my least favorites (though I did like “Little green men”) so why did I expect this episode to be better? Because it’s the last one! grrr. Except for the last half hour, it was pretty pointless. We all knew he wouldn’t die, because the proposed next movie is going to have Mulder in it, if the movie ever gets the green light from FOX. I would have been happier if they spent five or ten of the rather boring minutes from the first 1 1/2 hours giving Doggett, Reyes and Skinner some closure, and if they brought back the baby.

The articles I’ve been reading quote Carter and one of the writers as saying that they didn’t know what they were doing with the kid, and they can’t be toting around a toddler in the next movie. Then get a nanny and keep the illusion that there was a point to there being a baby alive. Of course maybe one of the movies will be The X-Files: The Search for William.

I’m a very disappointed phile.

I stopped watching the show after the first two seasons, when it started taking itself soooo seriously. I tuned in last night, just for the helluvit, and basically didn’t know what the hell was going on. Scully had a baby? Mulder had a father and a half-brother? All newsboys to me.

What really made my eyes roll back in my head so far I saw my own brain was the pay-off: so the answer to all Mulder’s questions all these years is CHRISTIANITY?! I am perfectly willing to accept aliens and vampires and ghosts and mindreaders. But Christianity? I mean, I have to draw the line SOMEWHERE.

A much hyped series finale where to the shock and dismay of fans the show is a glorified clip show with no real sense of closure. Oh wait- this is a THOUSAND times more disappointing then the Seinfeld series finale.

“Suck diddly ucked” as Ned Flanders would say.

Although 3 Simpson’s episodes in a row- Woo Hoo!

-me

When the show was on Friday nights, I watched it religiously. It moved, and I still watched, but wasn’t glued to the set anymore - Sunday nights are not convenient for me, nor were the episodes as engrossing, IMNSHO.

Then the series finale. What a pile of (fill in appropriate expletive). I was cleaning up while watching, not paying attention to the time, and when the credits started to roll, my first reaction was “that’s it?”

Disappointing.

I watched it for about five years, but I stopped around two years ago. Last night was the first time I watched in that time.
Can we all say Seinfeld series finale? Veeeeery good. But, sadly, Seinfeld did it better.

I’m glad that our military bases are so secure, one can break into top secret areas with a credit card. No guards around to stop you or anything. And the computer systems can be cracked with a mere keystroke or two. It’s ok if you get caught, though, because the prison system is so abysmally inept, a few rogue FBI agents can stage a prison break merely by running in, opening the door, and yelling “Hey Mulder, let’s go!”

Oh you’re right. It wasn’t that easy. They did after all have the help of Kersh to lead them in the direction they were already going. But why, you ask. Why is it that he suddenly changed sides? Less than a minute before he was ranting and raving and sentencing Mulder to death and now he wants to help. Could it be because he wanted to make it appear as if he was the enemy to fool the aliens and save himself? No no no. Just a random change of heart. Awwwwww, how touching.

But speaking of those aliens, there was one right there in the tribunal. Why not do something about it? There’s the proof. Or test the mind reading boy out? There’s the proof. Or do something, anything, but bring in a long string of witnesses that have nothing to offer in the form of any tangible evidence. Hell, I wasn’t convinced of any government conspiracy and I got to see the clip show you made!
And for god’s sake, if you’re going to stage a trial at least have the decency to make it, oh, 10% accurate. As in, if one side gets to question a witness than by golly the other side does too.

So yeah. Great episode. Two thumbs up.

I tuned in just long enough to see that Mulder was on trial and they were parading all sorts of series characters across the screen… I thought it was the Seinfeld finale and was expecting the soup Nazi to be amoung the witnesses.

Never saw an X-files episode that wasn’t a complete rip of another sci-fi or horror plot from somewhere else. One of the most overrated shows in TV history.

This is sort of a hijack but does anyone have a tape of the finale they could loan me? I promised a friend I would tape it for her but my darling little brother disappeared the VCR remote and you can’t work our VCR without it. Can anyone help me out here?

I only saw one episode of this show - about 5 or 6 years ago - and I thought it was stupid beyond words.

When my coworkers were talking about the last show this morning, I half expected the ever-popular: “It was all a dream” finale. Whatever. It wasn’t even a blip on my radar.

Thanks, freido. I LIKED that episode!

I missed the first 1/2 hour. How did they catch Muldur? And what was supposed to be his reason for not testifying in his own behalf?

I was not very satisfied with this ending.

P.S. Take Mulder’s sister. Each conspirator had to give up a family member as a hostage. Mulder was supposed to be the hostage, then his sister was sent instead (why the switch?). Then the sister was sent back to earth (why?), but not back to her family (why not?) and is grows up in California (raised by CSM?). At some point, a batch of clones of the sister are run off. At some point, the aliens take her back and experiment on her. She dies in 1987 (from being experimented on?). At Mulder’s trial, he asks no questions about his sister’s experiences or her death. What, he’s lost interest? And what happened to all the clones?

Mulder was storming a government facility in Mount Weather to get info. He apparently ‘killed’ a supersoldier when he treid to get away.

He didn’t testify because he didn’t want to believe what he saw in the government facility.

What an incoherent mess of a show.

You know it’s bad when you’re watching them blow up Anasazi ruins and you’re thinking “Man, the National Parks Service is going to be really pissed off.” and “Gee, just how many gallons of explosive fuel were they storing in those pueblos?”.

Let’s think for a minute – you’re a covert conspiracy trying to cover your tracks. I know! Let’s blow up a well-known, incredibly precious archeologic site!
Question, when Mulder and Scully were driving away after the prison break, did they or did they not show a sign for I-95 South? And if they did, are they not aware that I-95 is on the East Coast?

I never did figure out what truth that Mulder was looking for. I thought he had figured it out which was why he spent the whole episode refusing to talk to anyone.

It was, incidentally, clear to the dimmest viewer is the only reason no truths were ever revealed is because the writers didn’t have the slightest clue what it was.

NO TRUTH FOR YOU!

They did indeed show the I-95 S sign. But I fail to see the problem with that. Much of the show took place in Virginia, with the appropriate sidetracks to DC.

What I want to know is how they managed to get from Virigina to New Mexico (what’s that, 1500 miles or so?) in what amounted to 7, maybe 8 hours. Ten hours tops.

I didn’t think it was that bad. Except for the plot holes. Like the prosecutor is allowed to challenge everyone for expectiing to have their testimonies taken at their word, but nobody even thinks about challenging the prosecutor when he just says he has statements from witnesses to the su[er-soldier’s death. He doesn’t offer evidence that the alleged victim is actually dead, and nobody asks him for any?

I was disappointed that it didn’t end with Bob Newhart and Suzanne Pleshette waking up in Chicago, and Suzanne saying, “What a WEIRD dream!”

The single worst thing about this episode was the same thing I’ve hated about this show all along: the dialogue. GEEBUS. Some of the most unreal, stilted dialogue to come out of a character’s mouth since Tennessee Williams. I was actually interested enough in the recap stuff – since I tuned out two years ago – to actually pay attention, but between Monica Reye’s lame-ass “You’re trying to hide the truth!!” speech and Mulder’s abrupt “HE’S ONE OF THEM! TEST HIM!” squawking… man. I long for the poeticism of a George Lucas after that tripe.