XBox - Moving it with a disk in it will destroy the disk!

Yes, I don’t think disc scratching is a major problem. Simply because most people won’t move their console while it’s running. RROD on the other hand? That is because of cost cutting and cheap mother boards mixed with bad design. And the rate of failure? SquareTrade, and independent warranty company has 360 failure rates at almost 25% in the first two years of ownership. Game Informer did a survey of 5,000 readers and 54% of them reported failures compared to a reported 10% of prblems with the PS3 and 7% for the Wii. That’s pretty ridiculous for a piece of hardware. Apparently the new Jasper chipset is supposed to be less prone to RROD but they’ve already lost my business, personally.

Microsoft does have an exchange program for some games made by microsoft (it does cost money), I don’t think rock band is one of them though Xbox Support

I did a little searching and it seems the problem is easily fixed by gluing a small piece of foam above the disk so it can’t shift out of position. :rolleyes: While we shouldn’t blame microsoft for people not following instructions it seems like they could of very easily prevented this – http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/news/Xbox-360-Game-Disc-Scratched.htm