Yahoo Mail now a 100MB of space!!!

At work (where I do most of my e-mail checking) I only have IE 4.0 and Netscape 4.7 and the system won’t let us upgrade to newer versions of the browsers. Because of this I have not been able to check my e-mail or access My Yahoo for two days. Yahoo gives an error message and a link to “view with current browser” but so far it has not worked. Hopefully in a day or so they will have the bugs worked out so I can still access it anywhere on any browser version.

Luckily I have Web Access on my cell phone where I can check my Yahoo email but the phone is limited to only viewing the text of the e-mail.

I am glad for the storage upgrade though. When I get home I’ll check it out.

Ooh, happy happy, joy, joy! And I might not have noticed for a while if I had not checked into SDMB first! :slight_smile: That does it - death to Hotmail - it is always filling up with invitations to “increase” bodily parts which in my case I have not got. :slight_smile:

Or have got.

Or buy cars.

Or buy degrees from non-existent “universities”

Or get out ofo debt.

Or get more debt

Hehe - now I just have to fight my way into hotmail to tell real people to stop using it.

Yahoo mail has always had search. It just wasn’t very noticeable (it was a text link at the top right of your Inbox/any mailbox.)

I am geeked over my vast storage capacity!

I didn’t use my mail last night, so I didn’t have the problem you did. The reason I bought the Mail Plus service was so I could get the POP3 working so that I could look at all my different mail accounts simultaneously through Outlook. I now have no idea what I might do with 2 gigs of online space. Maybe I can use it to do an extra online backup of some of my stuff.

However, I think I might keep it now. My school email will be gone in a year or two, and my Yahoo account (which I’ve had for probably 6 years now) uses my first and middle initial and my last name, which makes it an appropriate one for things like business correspondence.

Good news, kids! Pouting works!

I now have 100 MB.

Off to pout about only having $3 in my pocket.

Glad you mentioned that! I didn’t think to check it this morning. Although when I did check, like GilaB, my preferences were unchanged, it is best not to take that sort of thing for granted. :dubious: After all, that’s how they (we, if we can’t find a way out) pay for the service.

And I’ll never willingly look at advertising.

Yes. It’s wonderful. I love it. I’m ecstatic. I would be more ecstatic and love it about double the amount if i could flippin’ well access it!!

I wonder how many people who were paying for up to 100 mb of mail space will cancel, now that they can get that space for free?

The 100 MB is nice, :slight_smile: but has anyone had a problem with emails not being delivered & not getting bounced e-mail messages back?
I’ve had at least one that happened with in the past couple of weeks… extremely annoying. :mad:

Mine was changed to 100 MB this morning when I logged in. A fine suprise for a Tuesday morning. Plus it will help because sometimes I need to send bigger files than yahoo allowed.

I can’t access mail.yahoo.com right now. I was able to access it earlier, and I had 100MB with a free account. . .however, that’s absolutely useless right now, as I can’t get there to access it. And I’m using one of my yahoo accounts to job search, dangnabbit!

If it stays this way, I’d rather still have only 4 megs…

I was also pleasantly surprised to get 100MB this morning… However, it is a lot slower and there are a few kinks (such as the help search not working).

Anyone know if they offer IMAP (or even better, S/IMAP) in the Yahoo Mail! Plus or is it only POP3? The page describing Plus doesn’t mention it, but I’ve seen someone mention this. I’d want to use IMAP at home and the Web interface on the road…

This was the highlight of my day. (Says more about how boring work was.) I am always near storage capacity and have to reprimand friends for sending attachments. Yahoo has always been better than Hotmail, but now they’ve blown Hotmail completely out of the water.

Where can I find this? I can’t find it in Options.

Yeah, I had a lot of trouble accessing it today too. No doubt lots of people are signing up, and they’re getting hammered.

Actually, some of the big sites served by Akamai, like Yahoo, have been under attack and are likely trying to recover.

The article says it started at 9 EDT and only lasted less than two hours, but I was noticing problems well after noon EDT.
Also, I noticed that the REPLY and FORWARD buttons were not working, neither with Mozilla nor IE. Anybody else have problems with these functions today?

I had to retry a few times this morning, but aside from that it’s fine. Yahoo spam blocking is tremendous - it is over 99% effective for me.

My only complaint - the cookie that keeps your login name doesn’t seem to work with Mozilla (this is nothing new). This is true for both Windows and Solaris. It stopped working during the last interface upgrade, and it still doesn’t work.

I was thinking of going to gmail, but no longer. 100 MB is plenty for me.

Aha! it changed over this morning. Solves my storage space needs too, as well as the 10meg send file size increase. I had a problem with spam about 2 weeks ago, the sasser worm I think, but thats cleared up now. Looks like Hotmail are going to get there arse kicked here, I find that unusable now.

I’ve had no problems with Mozilla or Mozilla FIrfox remembering my Yahoo ID (using Windows).