Yay for SDMB'er tips!

Well, the interview tips must have done something - HR called me today and told me they had a job offer for me! More $ than I was expecting, too. :slight_smile:

Pending a successful background check (do employers just do those to find out if you’re a felon, or what?), I will start my new job in a couple weeks.

Thank you for all your helpful interview pointers!

lovelee

Congratulations!!!

Veni, Vidi, Visa … I came, I saw, I bought.

Yay, lovelee! So happy for you!

Whoohooo!

I should print those tips out for my next interview!

Whoohooo!

I should print those tips out for my next interview!

Don’t sell yourself short, lovelee!

Although the tips surely helped, ultimately you were the one interviewed. :slight_smile:

Way to go!

I prefer rogues to imbeciles because they sometimes take a rest.
Alexandre Dumas the Younger (1824-1895)

The point is they were impressed with you, not us. Feel good about it.

Congrats, ain’t that lovelee.

Background checks: what the employer is looking for depends on the type of position you are going to fill.

If you are being considered to drive an armored truck, or handle large amounts of cash, you probably won’t be hired if you have a felony arrest on you’re record.

If you are applying for a government job, they probably won’t give you a position dealing with classified matters if you have been convicted of sedition.

If you want to work in a place where you have access to pharmaceuticals, they will probably not give you the job if you have drug arrests on you’re record.

I know these sound pretty obvious, but if the employer doesn’t check you’re background they won’t know what their potential risk is. I don’t know what type of position you are considering; the examples above may not apply. They are just I few I could think of quickly.

Not so long ago I had a job for a military contractor and had to have a security clearance before I could begin work. This involved a lot of work on submarines, aircraft carriers and military aircraft. Obviously they need to determine your trustworthiness before letting you aboard. I’m not sure who performed the background research, probably a branch of the military or the FBI,

One complete set of morals for sale to highest bidder, new in box.