Yellowstone Vacation Tips

All of them are still around. La Pa has merged with a mega-microbrew bar where the Garage used to be. Covid has really put the damper on exploring new restaurants unfortunately. The food truck scene is exploding–we need to do more on that front. Our new house is 10 miles up Bridger Canyon which is awesome but also enables our introversion…

Checking back in after being back for two weeks. No luck getting images to load on IMGUR so here is my feedback.

First stop Walls Pharmacy before coming into Deadwood, then straight to Deadwood and a couple of shots at the Number 10 Saloon as a toast to Wild Bill Hickok to start the adventure. Next morning into the Black Hills for Mt Rushmore and Crazy Horse and drove through Spearfish Canyon quite a day. Then did a day trip to Devils Tower and hiked around the base (no aliens sited).

Next day onto the Little Bighorn via the Crowe reservation route and then into Bozeman Montana. Then in the morning onto the north entrance of Yellowstone and a trip of northern loop to Slough creek. Saw the elk herd across the Yellowstone River (AWESOME!) and many buffalo from afar. Next day stopped by the dinosaur museum in Bozeman (AWESOME!) then checked out of Bozeman and went to the Canyon Lodge and caught the sunset there (AWESOME!). Next Day went back to the Canyon and stopped at every overlook for (AWESOME) views and pictures, saw a bull moose early in the morning at one turn off (AWESOME!). Then onto the eastern loop to the lake and to the continental divide, turned around and stopped by Lamar Canyon at sunset and were approached by a pair of coyotes (AWESOME!) and then back to the lodge.

Next day was for geyser viewing and saw many hell mouths, Old Faithful and Prismatic Lake (AWESOM!). Did some trail hiking and buffalo came right next to us while we stood in awe (AWESOME!). Returned to the lodge and stopped where people were and saw a Gray Owl (AWESOME!).

Next day we were determined to see bear so we went back to Sloth creak early in the day and hiked up the mountain to a meadow with a stream. Signs of bear everywhere but none to be seen. Saw pine trees that were marked by grizzlies so I marked the spot myself as nature intended and yelled for them to come out. Still the day was AWESOME!

Final day at Yellowstone we left early and went to the Hayden Valley looking for bear, but to our surprise we saw gray Timberwolves (AWESOME!) going back up the mountain into the pines. We then headed for Cody and the views we AWESOME!

Back tracked to South Dakota, stayed the night and the next morning went to the Badlands where we saw Big Horned Sheep (AWESOME!) right next to our car. Needless to say the views were AWESOME!

Overall it was the most AWESOME week of my life with my cloths on. Next time (yes there will be a next time) I will go towards the end of September to catch a little snow and continue the hunt for Grizzlies as I hear they are out now. That and a little snow would make a great second trip.

The days were packed from dawn to dusk with new things to see and do and still not enough time to take it all in. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.