You actually believed me??

Well, I’ve gotten at least two people by telling them about Texas A&M’s hotline…1-800-AGGIEIQ.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

We had a really stupid (but tough) kid at school. In chemistry the teacher is showing something involving chlorine. She says “don’t go near this stuff - it’s really dangerous”. Whereupon the kid marches up, announces he’s not scared of anything and takes a deep breath.
Fortunately he lived.

I wasn’t responsible for it, but many thousands of maroons believed that “Blair Witch” hoo-ha.

I came home one night and told my wife this joke I’d heard at work (this was in the 70’s);

“Did you hear about the terrorist who tried to blow up the presidents car?”
“No, what happened”
“He burned his lips on the tailpipe”

Her response, dead serious;
“Serves him right”
Peace,
mangeorge

Work like you don’t need the money…
Love like you’ve never been hurt…
Dance like nobody’s watching! …(Paraphrased)

RTA-

I actually went to see Blair Witch with one of those idiots. After the movie we’re all standing around talking about how little the movie cost to make and that it is now pulling in millions. One guy asks (totally seriously) are the kids parents going to get the money? Yikes!

Blair Witch–If I wanted to sit and listen to foul-mouthed teenagers cuss at each other and piss their pants for a couple of hours, I’d have gone out and found some more articulate ones. Cripes. But I digress…

I have a four-inch scar on my throat…while it was still pretty noticeable, people would ask me how I got it…I told one yahoo who asked me in line at the supermarket that I got it in a bar fight. She totally believed it and “hoped the guy did time!”

My sister and I were driving across country one year, me driving and she in the passenger seat and she was yack-yack-yacking. So on a long straight stretch, without saying anything to her, I went “Ooh” and slumped back in my seat, head to the side and eyes closed, as if I’d passed out. She about had a heart attack, and then I almost drove off the road I was laughing so hard. She’s still mad about it. :slight_smile:

At the height of the O.J. Simpson trial, on April Fool’s day, I told my wife that O.J. had confessed and that he had gone on to explain that he was from the planet Jupiter. Hook, line, and sinker.

(Back in junior high during the height of the space missions)

Me: The Russians are going to send a manned mission to the sun.

Gullible friend: Wouldn’t they burn up?

Me: They’ve thought of that, so they’re going to send them at night.

Her: Oh, yeah. That makes sense.

Myself and a co-worker convinced a third co-worker that silly putty was flavored. We fessed up right as he was about to actually putit in his mouth, because we thought it would probably be pretty bad for him. He went ahead and did it anyway.

eden:
I guess I don’t get what’s funny about getting someone to believe something that’s totally plausible. Please explain.

Cody, I was thinking the same thing. What’s funny about getting someone who knows nothing about you to beleive something that is unremarkable?

Jody, Sasami, sorry…I guess the lack of visual context makes my story a poor example of the genre.

I guess the explanation will seem lame too: It’s pretty obviously a surgical scar. And I’m a terrible liar. So it was amazing to me to be believed.

Cody!
I’m batting 1000 here.

This is how you make fun of new recruits or new officers in the military. Tell them they need to get a very important form. Its official name, when said allowed, is “I-D-ten-T”. They need to fill out their request for the form on another form, with the requested form filled in several times.

ID10T
ID10T
ID10T

See how long it takes for the victim to get it.

When my brother was very young, he had a pair of shoes that he wouldn’t part with. Finally one night my mom threw them out. When he asked where they were, she told them that she gave them to a little brown boy. He believed it, and to this day he gets teased about it.

MaryAnn
Sometimes life is so great you just gotta muss up your hair and quack like a duck!