You are space aliens; what do you do when you visit Earth?

Suppose you are a space alien, and in command of an entire planet/race of space aliens. We won’t get too much into details (I don’t want to get bogged down into a scientific discussion about what you look like, organs, nervous systems, etc.) But you have technology that is quite superior to anything humans can offer. You can swat down nukes, annihilate entire naval fleets; you’re akin to the aliens from* Independence Day *but even more capable.

Now, where do you land your spaceship first? Washington DC? Beijing? UN headquarters in New York City?

You can communicate in any human language, so what do you tell Earth? (“All your base are belong to us?”)

Do you remove Trump from the Oval Office and take it up as your new residence?

Do you make any demands of the local populace?

I eat you and move on.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cure Beckdawrek and given her gold bars.
She deserves it.
:smiley:

I land it on Coney Island Beach and go straight to Nathan’s for a dog and fries.

Destroy the planet-destroying specie, let the planet recover, return and use as a rest and recovery planet.

They land in the city of Wuhan, China, and take the form of an invasive virus.

I’d go to somwhere like the Amazon rainforest and start my study of the wildlife. I think unique biology would be the most valuable thing to learn if you were an advanced alien species. After I learned all of that i’d look into human culture so probably Europe to start with the classics. Maybe Italy.

No need to bother with militarily or financially powerful countries except to learn about their culture. They’d have nothing else to offer nor would pose a threat.

I’d find the feline overlords and offer my assistance. I believe they’re Siamese and live at Beckdawrek’s house. I certainly hope she’s treated them with the deep respect they deserve.

Agree with Fiendish Astronaut.

A good question too is whether they would even make themselves known to us. I don’t think they’d need to be much more advanced to be able to manipulate EM radiation such that they are effectively invisible.
If they’re coming to share technology and/or information, then they can do the “come in peace” schtick. But if they choose not to interfere with primitive and aggressive species like ours, then they’ll probably just stay hidden. Not because we pose any threat, but because revealing themselves will make it harder to study our cultures.

The OP asks what I would do, and yes, I’d probably visit the UN and share some information. A couple of tidbits that might reduce our suffering but also make our existence on this planet more sustainable. And something to inspire us towards greater development…though I have to confess, it’s hard to know exactly what that would be. Any tech or info they demonstrate might inspire or it might dishearten us, and we would feel like we are reinventing the wheel.

Since Earth Girls Are Easy, I guess I’d start exploring that parameter.

From a popular but silly 1970’s-era computer program that generates quasi-random Science Fiction stories:

I’d leave but vow to return when the humans are gone.

“On second thought, let’s not go to Earth. ‘Tis a silly place.”

7 Billion Hu-mons & an Onion are what you need to make a Meatloaf.

Probing, lots of probing.

Ella covered this some time ago.

Start with exacting revenge on Arnold Schwarzenegger and Will Smith.

Ha. I was going to say cram (that may be a poor choice of words) for the proctology final.

I’m going to Disneyland!

(it is, after all, the happiest place on earth.)

If they are superior they will not bother with Capital Cities, UN-Headquarters and politics. They might go to the internet and make up the definitive fake story to keep us distracted and quiet and then enjoy the really wonderfull things this planet has to offer. None of which would have anything to do with humans, I guess. I cannot be sure, of course: they ARE superior, so I cannot imagine what they think or do. That is the definition of superior.