You Can Join the Undead. Which kind?

It was a toss-up between lich, for the vast cosmic powers, and vampire, for the whole not-looking-like-something-the-dog-dug-up-and-dragged-in thing.

I go Lich for the cool mage powers. For looks and physical pleasures - well, there’s all that magic to cheat around the downsides. Possessing someone for the pleasures of the flesh; illusions to look better, etc.

That’s the ticket for me. Imagine how long Osama would have lasted with a little voice whispering in his ear telling him hurting people was bad. Or a fellow barricaded into his house and holding his family hostage, time for a little wrath then, isn’t it?

Before I vote, what is a lich?

Usually a person who was powerful in life that somehow finds the secret of immortal (undead) life. Their appearance is usually skeletal (obvious undead) in their natural state.

Hmmm. The main sorceror in “Big Trouble in Little China”, Lopan. Lich? I never thought of it that way.

Wikipedia to the rescue

Neener Neener. Can’t match my speedy little gnomish pigtails!

Wait, what? Since when are ghouls lecherous? In most myths I know of, they prowl graveyards eating corpses, not fucking them. The main exception I can think of is WoD, where they are the mortal but supernatural servants of vampires.

What, no zombies, mummies, ghouls, or skeletons, yet?

Thanks Oak and mlees. Methinks I shall go with a vampire. They have a buncha cool powers and can interact with people.

I could dig out hordes of cites for you …

… but, really, I just thought it sounded funny.

If you want to be a ghoul, but not be lecherous, that’s fine with me.

You can be a chaste ghoul.

I didn’t see anything that looks like what I would choose, which would be a Deadman-style ghost.

So, a “terrifying ghost,” then?

From your cite: “Deadman is a ghost…”

Vampire. The only thing I’d worry about is being arrested. How would I escape? They only let prisoners out in the yard in the daytime, so how am I going to fly away as a bat? Maybe transfix the guard and make him unlock my cell? Just blood-suck everyone that comes my way and walk right out?

I guess I’d have to relocate every five years or so so that no one catches on that everywhere I go, pretty young things start dropping like flies.

A ghost who “is given the power to possess any living being,” specifically. This is the element that I did not see addressed in the poll options.

Basically, I’m just looking to find a way to become Dr. Sam Beckett. If I have to die to do it, well, so be it.

Well, if you’re going to nitpick the options in a poll about what kind of undead you’d choose to be …
:dubious:

Hmmm, sounds like “something else horrible and forgotten” to me! :smiley:

What’s the difference between spectre and ghost?

Anyway, it’s kinda hard to choose against vampire, they’re the only ones that can really “pass” and still keep up a relatively normal human existence (if they so choose). Assuming “Highlander Immortal” doesn’t actually qualify as undead, anyway.

Hmmm … a spectre is more ephemeral? More incorporeal? Something that primarily haunts the psyche? That’s all I got.

But consider the merits of being a zombie: you get to eat brains, but never have to think about what you’re doing. Win!

Vampires get chicks, lots of chicks.

Hell, even fake vampires get chicks, look at the Twilight fans.