You Can Join the Undead. Which kind?

An important point, and one often overlooked. The lesson being, if you have any plans to become a vampire, you need to start practising tying that bow-tie now.

Meh. A lich with enough Polymorph or Alter Self spells can pass as well as a vamp *and *walk around in daylight.

I’m on it.

I’m thinking maybe baelnorn. I was looking at animus but you’ve got that disease vulnerability. Or maybe crossover into SF and go with cyborg.

My soul isn’t going anywhere because it doesn’t exist. But if it hypothetically did, I don’t want to be undead, a vampire, or immortal. I want to die when I die and stay dead.

I was thinking you were referring to National Lampoon’s Deadman, who was literally just a corpse. His “sidekick” would drop Deadman on criminals.

While looking in the mirror is no longer an option, the legend says nothing about using a web cam. Suck it, legend.

In many mythos, vampires can’t get it up. But I guess feeding gives them such ecstasy. Or something.

Sapience is a must.
Corporeality preferable to otherwise.
Human appearance is a bonus.

So, vampire is choice one, lich is ok, and ghost or spectre is ok, but not ideal.

The vampire’s need to feed on human blood is easily accommodated with a mortal friend or two.

But after your insatiable bloodlust sucks them dry, what then?

I’d say “Highlander, too”, but that didn’t happen.

I voted spectre, but that’s assuming that I get to haunt a library and read all the books. If you’re going to say I can’t turn the pages, then I’ll have to find another choice.

I wonder how I ended up as something OTHER than a vampire, because that’s not actually how it works except in crap horror that’s trying to ‘return’ vampires to something they’ve never actually been.

Mythological vampires, the formative literature vampires - they all feed lightly, at worst taking enough to give the victim the symptoms of a wasting disease.

Sorry, no. Ephemereal means no eating and no sexing, for eternity. Unlife, what’s it good for ?

Nah, smart money’s on the ghouling. You get to meet interesting people from ancient cultures, and eat them.

Not necessarily an option with a bunch of liches wandering about looking for recruits into their undead hordes…

I was going to say vampire, but you guys have convinced me that a lich is better. Furthermore, I get a phylactery that I can protect pretty easily, rather than worrying about some kung-fu girl with a stake.

EDIT: Technically I’d probably pick the penultimate option, but that’s no fun in a poll like this.

Thanks. I had it all worked out. And shit.

I wouldn’t. At least you have a fair idea what being a lich or vampire entails - you can’t say that of some unspecified afterlife. Maybe you’ll go to some paradisaical afterlife - or maybe your soul will get gnawed on eternally by eldritch abominations. For that matter, that choice is "Forget it, my immortal soul is heading to heaven/Valhalla/hell/somewhere not earth "; it would be just like the typical wish-granter to send your soul to all those places at once. Heaven probably isn’t as much fun when it’s just your upper torso there…

:smiley:

Der Trihs seems to know me well. A little … too well.

Lecherous ghoul for you!

Shapechange + Permanency. Be anything you want, at will, forever.

If I’m a lich can I use the Stanley Cup as my Phylactery? Cause that would just be awesome.

(There would of course be an end to Babies peeing in it)