You could at least have turned me down.

To comment on Green Bean:

Of course, if she breaks the date, is extremely apologetic and reschedules without prompting, then it may be legitimate. Shit does happen but, really, how often does something come up in which someone who really, really is excited about dating you would break it. Honestly, look at your own life in the past year. How many days out of 365 would you have been forced to break a date you were excited about?

What I’m saying is that if a woman breaks a date and is not apologetic and reshedules without prompting, she really meant to say no the first time and so forget about her. A good rule of thumb is to ask yourself “Would I have acted this way if I was interested”?

If a woman really wishes to go out with you, she will make her interest known to you. She will make it as easy as possible for you because she wants to go out with you and doesn’t want to risk driving you away. If she breaks dates, she would only do that in an extreme emergency, which rarely happens, or because she doesn’t really care if you are driven away.

If you, as a woman, love Brad Pitt (insert own heartthrob here) and out of nowhere Brad Pitt comes up to you and and asks you out, would you really break the date? Even if your house was on fire? You’d call the fire department, then go on the date. :wink:

As for the phone number thing, if a guy asks for your phone number and you think it is not because he is interested in you, then you live in a different world than me! I am not in college anymore so that culture could be different but, after school, I don’t think asking for the number could be taken any other way.