You fall into a coma tomorrow and wake up in 2030, what do you expect to see

Welcome to Costco, I love you

I don’t think that is possible. You can get all your micronutrients in pill form, but not your macronutrients. Sugar, lard and protein powder are about the most dense forms of carbs, fats and amino acids and you’d never fit 3000 calories of those into a pill.

What I do think will happen is that the soylent movement will catch on, and people will start designing soylent and vitamins supplement regimens designed for an individual’s biochemistry and metabolism. Some people respond well to a high carb diet, some to low. Some people need more than the RDA of folic acid, etc. So liquid meals and vitamins designed for your individual body could catch on.

People will struggle to remember the last time the SEC didn’t win the National Championship in college football.

The Cubs still won’t have won the World Series this century.

Gay marriage will be unremarkable.

Marijuana will be legal in all 50 states.

Marvel will release Avengers VII: The Wrath of Squirrel Girl

People will struggle to remember the last time the SEC won the National Championship in college football.

There will be free wifi everywhere.

The US will still be in Afghanistan “training” the locals on maintaining security.

ISIS will have been replaced by five other super de dooper terrorist organizations to fear.

Global warming will have advanced, the polar ice caps are gone, and the media will still report that opinions differ on climate change.

The ISS will have either crashed to earth or been hit by a meteoroid.

flying cars, videophone, sex robots.

It would be a lot like now. And I woudn’t get it.

I misread this and thought you were predicting that ISIS would be hit by a meteoroid. Which I figured was a pretty long shot prediction.

Huge medical breathroughs based on stem cells.

It’s almost here already but devices/software so people talk to you in Japanese and you hear it in English.

Nuclear fission will be practical and about to be commercially realised.

A black, female James Bond.

Portland will still have Powell’s though. And record shops.

I will be 88 and I don’t think I would even bother to ask. If I even wake up…

I think the way we access information will be different. I don’t envision implants, but I think we will have a more integrated approach to getting at our files, video, songs, etc.

I would love to see…Improvements in wireless technology. As a part time musician, I can say that the jumble of cables and wires and adapters and such needs to go away. Yes, we have Bluetooth, now, but it still seems a bit buggy.

I’d like to see better wiFi…and a way to completely eradicate computer viruses and online identity theft.

I’d like to see more immune specific drugs instead of chemotherapy. I think the concept is there, but funding is lacking.

Oh, and a pill for Obesity that actually works… Obviously, cures for everything else would be nice, too.

In America, most of the population will have a cafe au lait complexion. All the kids will be bilingual. And everyone over a certain age will be caring for someone with Alzheimers–and taking drugs that will prevent them from developing it. And if they should develop it, they will be eligible for euthanasia.

I predict that none of this will occur in fifteen years, which is simply too short a time span for such large effects to happen.

For example, the homogenization of complexions would take hundreds of years and that is only if interracial procreation increases quite significantly AND the borders are completely closed, meaning no one in or out. Although I believe such homogenization will eventually occur, I think at its current rate it will take more than 1000 years, at best.

A 100 percent bilingual population? In 15 years? In America? Not a chance in Hell. Too many Americans are actually proud that they speak just one language, wearing their ignorance and disdain of other cultures and languages like badges of honor.

Alzheimers is an increasingly encroaching ailment, I agree, but it’s prevalence won’t be anywhere near as ubiquitous as you predict in just 15 years.

The passage of laws that would allow euthanasia on demand are many, many decades away and, I predict, will never occur until and unless overpopulation becomes too detrimental and burdensome to large corporations to be ignored.

Because of important drivers like the social and economic cost of this disease, we are seeing a number of socities already shifting to another solution:

BOOM!

There is already a cure for obesity, eat fewer calories than you burn. Any medication that would be efficacious in actually causing weight loss would also be inherently dangerous.

I don’t care, if I fall into a coma and wake up in the far-ish future, I want something from 1970’s sci-fi movies to exist.

Just about no-one on the street except in cars. Computers will be the malls, community get togethers and most of the work places.

(What can I say? I grew up in a time where folks sat around the grange hall or on their front stoops in the city.)

You seem to be assuming most = 99%. I was thinking more like 55-60%. Probably won’t happen in 2030, true. but it’s not like I’m talking about complete homogenization of the population. Cafe au lait is a pretty low bar to meet.

Dude, I said kids will be bilingual. Not 100% of the population. And I didn’t say they’d be fluent in their second language. But I think it is quite likely that before 2030, publiic school curricula for the lower grades will require a unit in Spanish, if only because of the demographic changes in the population.

2030? Not much. This time of year it’s pretty dark by that time of day.

I would add Nebraska, Kansas, most of Oklahoma, and parts of Texas to the roaming buffalo territory as the Ogallala goes dry.