You fucking Anti-Semitic Bitch NOW what do I do????

Cartooniverse-I tend to agree with you that the offending statement was indicative of a deepseated racial/ethnic/religious bias, and I can understand that you would find it both hurtful and hateful. Nevertheless, there is a remote possibility that it was a momentary mental slip. You really should ask her why she said it before judging her. Then and only then can you decide whether she deserves a Royal Karma Stomping™, or just a “Hey, use the lobes before the lips!”

You didn’t. I meant he’d discussed both his Jewish heritage and the fact that he doesn’t practice the faith in other previous posts elsewhere on the board. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Abby

And she is actually a pogonophobe who meant to say, “Those guys really give me the heebie-jeebies.”

No, I suppose it wasn’t your point. However the point I was making that per your description in the OP you were blowing it out of proportion.

Well now I have to ask. If this isn’t the first time she’s been coarse in her hatred why did you say that you were
“stunned” by her blatant racism? If I knew someone with a history of racism I don’t think I’d be stunned if they said something racist.

So the reason I said you were blowing it out of proportion is because you presented this as being the first time it ever happened.

That’s fine. In the future just make sure it is clear that this isn’t a one time occurance. That this is something you’ve seen over and over again from this person.
Marc

Thanks for the head’s up, Thought Police. Next time, I won’t write a word without vetting it first with your Legal Department.

:rolleyes:

<—walking away from the blatant abuse. Have a nice evening.

Cartooniverse

I’m sorry, but when you said, “I would talk to her, but it would do zero good”, I took that to mean that you chose to avoid the whole thing. Thank you for the clarification.

I’m an enemy of hasty generalizations. Once, in Middle School, I was lambasted as a “racist” because I said the word “nigger”. Nobody cared that I was talking to a friend about the possible origins of the word, and that the subject of our conversation in no way endorsed the usage of a derogatory term…

In either case, IMOSHO, it’s hasty to say “This woman is an anti-Semite!” just because you witnessed a single instance of bad judgment. That is all.

I guess this is where we disagree… because I believe that there is ALWAYS (in such cases) a middle ground. You have already stated that you hadn’t discussed this incident with the woman in question… how do you feel justified in concluding that she is a racist when, ultimately, you don’t know?!?

Says the person who started a Pit Thread ranting about someone else’s thoughts…

In my opinion, this is not possible.

Non-bigots do not make such a remark. It would not even cross their mind to judge a number of complete strangers, on the (perceived?) actions of some or all of the ethnic or religious group to which they belong.

To me, that is not something you can do accidentally.

Wilfully stupid people deserve to be made fun of. Racists (or whatever you call anti-semites - I’m not sure I consider Jewish people a race per se) in particular.

Start wearing a Star of David everywhere.

Carry a book with the title “THE PROTOCOLS OF THE ELDERS OF ZION” around frequently.

Make it a point to surf that one website that some good-natured Jewish guy put up, “The Official Home Page of the World-Wide Jewish Conspiracy”. While she’s watching. ;]

Make it a point to always appear as if you’re richer than Bill Gates.

From the next room, call a work phone near her from your cell phone, then leave your cell phone in the other room and go pick up the phone. Say hello. Listen for a couple of seconds. Look around nervously. Look at her nervously. Say something like, “Look, the kabbalah can’t call right now! It’s too dangerous! I told the Elders never to call me at this number!”

Scribble random notes in Hebrew on post-its and “accidentally” leave them where she can see them.

Etc. :wink:
-Ben