You get one of a choice of superpowers

I’m a sort of bookish person who values intellectual pursuits, but I don’t think an eidactic memory would help me much there. Being able to recall facts wouldn’t necessarily help me understand them better. Plus I kind of enjoy revisiting old books and movies and I don’t think I could appreciate that if I had the entire things completely memorized.

Instead I’d probably go with Peak human power, just for a change of pace. There’s a lot of stuff I’ve never been able to do because I just don’t have the physique for it. Being able to do anything physical, along with the intelligence I already have, would make life much more exciting.

The others don’t really interest me. Regeneration would definitely be a nice safety net but I don’t like a guaranteed death waiting for me, even I would likely die of something around that age anyway. Dolphin communication would be cool for a short while just to see if they’re actually capable of human-level interaction but it would get old. Charisma would be cool in certain situations but I’m not the type who needs to be surrounded by people constantly so it’s not a priority for me.

Grin! Good point! However, I’m afraid I’d probably be distracted having the best possible human orgasms. Often. One right after the other.

(Uh oh… If I’m a man, and women have the best human orgasms, does that mean… Let’s think this through!)

There’s no catch or gotcha.

Nope, you only get the advantages listed, “peak” was in quotes after all.

Good post… yes, I could see how forgetting things could be an advantage.
For the purposes of this thread, dolphins are as intelectually capable as humans, but their experience is limited. Think first-contact papua new guinean tribesmen, smart and inventive, and knowledgeable about their enviroment, their society and hunting, but they don’t magically get knowledge of the outside world beyond the absolute basics taught by former aquarium dolphins.

Gang rape, blowhole sex, baby seal tossing…

Regeneration. It’ll save me from the open-heart surgery scheduled for next month.

Voted regen.
Slightly reading between the lines of the description, it sounds like I’ll have a youthful body and mind for the entire 80-120 years. With the others, it sounds as though I will age / deteriorate.

Also I hate myself for considering regen, peak human and charisma above the brain augment but I don’t think the particular augment described here would make that much of a difference.

Brain, I think. The peak human thing would be good if I was interested in fame. I figure if with perfect memory and concentration, I’ll soon work out how to Talk To The Animals anyway. Regeneration is cool (and my body could use it right now), but seems like a waste, unless I was contemplating lots of high risk activities.

Brain enhancement. I’d then work on artificial ways to gain the rest.

Peak human. Life is easier when you’re strong and healthy no matter what your age is. You don’t have to use those abilities to be an athlete, after all, you can just be strong, fast, and able to move furniture by yourself when vacuuming.

Peak human edges out brain enhancement for me. Frankly, for no other reason than it would be the most fun.

Regeneration - It was a toss up between regeneration and peak human. I finally decided due to the fact that in 80-120 years cancer treatments will be exponentially better, my regenerating body can handle the chemo and other treatments.

Baby seal tossing? I know orcas occasionally eat seals, but I didn’t know they tossed them?

Not "occasionally" - So-called Type B Antarctic Orcas pretty much live exclusively off seals, North Pacific transients likewise (possibly sea otters, too), and yes, they toss them.

It’s the oceanic equivalent of dwarf bowling.

If regeneration includes the ability to grow a new set of teeth, I’m all in!