You have 720 days to live

The world ends on December 21, 2012 and our day are numbered. What will you do with your final 720 days? I cashed in my 401k and we’re going to party like it’s 1999. Er.

I think we should launch the Battleship Yamato into space so we can save the earth.

Today is 01 January 2010. December 21, 2012 is 1,085 days from now. Your calculations are off by a year. Looks like you will be broke the last year of your life.

:smiley:

Methinks the premise is false.

Nonetheless, because one can never know the timing of one’s (or everyone’s)doom, best to be ready at all times.

It was that long in Starblazers?

Unrelated to that,Mahoro had only 380 days to live, and she choose to be a maid for her last days…

Yep, Japanese animation is weird.

I would work to develop a replicator to sent to space with instructions to not lose our knowledge and to start elsewhere.

I don’t trust the “predictions” of a culture that doesn’t exist anymore. Were the Mayans also able to predict that someday their civilization would collapse?

I plan to spend my time nitpicking rhetorical thread ideas. Pffft, 720 days indeed Mister Can’t-Read-A-Calendar Smith.

Oh, I can read a calendar. It’s simple math that eludes me.

I’ll make it last.

Nope. Nor did they predict the world would end in 2012. They predicted a rollover of the calendar (much like the Maya’s take on the white man’s whole “Y2K thing”) but they didn’t predict the end of the world for then (heck, there’s references to dates past 2012 in their literature.

My main beef about the whole “teh world will end in 2012!!!1!one1” “panic” is that it just seems to be the closest available date that can be construed to be a doomsday, nobody breathed a word of the Mayan date until after 2000, which was the bogeyman of the 1990s. Once 2012 blows over, they’ll find someone predicting world’s end (or something they can construe as an eschatological event) for, say 2018 and “TEH PANIC!” will start anew.

My bet is it will be the JW’s latest prediction.

Should we start the donations thread now? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve thought about this before (more along the lines of, ‘‘what if I had a terminal illness?’’) I wouldn’t change my behavior. I’ve got shit to do.

I just did the math on a different thread.

The answer is “.1”, the geeks proved it using DOS.
It is a Monday.

Oh yeah, 42 means your doom or something.

If I were told the world were to end tomorrow, I would make a new calendar today.

hh

Actually, I think this explains it pretty well.

I gotta tell you, if the world really does end in 2012, I will be SOOOOOOOO pissed!

ETA: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Well, on the off chance that it will end, we should all spend the last two weeks writing hot checks and maxing our credit cards.

Actually I think they only had one year but I didn’t want to wait and then zombie the thread to make the joke.