You knew exactly what was going to happen, but you still jumped when it did. [SPOILERS]

Absolutely.

And the ending of *Anna Karenina. *In 2011 she would have just gotten on with her life, but back then that wasn’t such an easy option.

And quite a few *Twilight Zone *episodes still affect me, though I’ve seen them dozens of times.

127 hours

…snap…SNAP…

Jump, cringe, wince, shudder…

No matter how many times I play the first Resident Evil, those damn dogs breaking the windows make me jump.

Wait, now… not only are you incredibly obsessed with this show, you’ve been watching it multiple times?

Catherine Deneuve opens the mirrored door in Repulsion. I first saw that in a theater in San Francisco, and was surprised the audience reaction didn’t cause an earthquake!

Please remind me what happened? I remember lots of eerie stuff from that film but can’t quite recall that specific scene.

She hallucinates the figure of a man standing in the room, just for the briefest instant.

The Doctor Who episode “Blink”.

In particular the bit in the house where Larry almost gets nabbed by a weeping angel. He blinks and its just inches short of him, fangs bared.

Just about jumped out of my skin the first time, and when I caught it a second time recently I still yelped out loud.

And this is a kids’ programme.

How accurate is this, really, for NuWho? Admittedly, it’s not as blatantly for adults as Torchwood, but the ones I’ve seen since the 9th Doctor rebooted the franchise have been pretty mature in tone and subject matter. My impression was that this wasn’t your father’s cheaply-produced BBC sci-fi hide-behind-the-couch kids’ fluff.

Oh my god, this times a million.

I rewatch this episode every so often, and that part makes me scream every single time. The first time I watched it I had trouble showering afterward, it scared me so much.

Yep, from Exorcist III: Legion, amazing scene, always near the top of Scariest Moments Ever lists.

There’s a scene from the 1982 movie *Tenebre * where a woman is looking into her mirror. Suddenly she bends down towards the basin to reveal the face of the homicidal maniac behind her. Still makes me jump a mile.

The scene in Jaws where Hooper has the tooth and then the dead body pops sideways out of the boat. He screams, I scream, we all scream.

Also the scene in Badham’s Dracula where Van Helsing is hunting for Mina and she’s reflected in that puddle. “Come with me, Papa!” Gaack!

I was in a high school production of the Wait Until Dark play. Much of our rehearsals consisted of people pausing in the middle of scenes to say “What’s my line again?” (I was the only one who memorized all her lines by the time of the actual performance), so I wasn’t as impressed/spooked watching other people’s scenes as I might have been. But the part where Mike opens the door to leave and then falls down dead- that was magic.

Aliens when the Marines are in the incubator room. There’s one live colonist stuck on the wall. She says, “Kill me.” I knew what was coming but I still spilled the popcorn all over the place.