You meet your counterpart from Earth-Prime. What happens?

What does it mean, “Fool of a Took”? Aside from the obvious LOTR reference.

By the way, I’m getting rather low on Flying Monkey Meat. Can you send some by?

Superficial alliance, whilst each simultaneously plots the other’s downfall - absolutely, that’s how this would go. How could it be otherwise? We’d both love the same woman, hope for the same jobs - hell, we’d be bidding against each other on Ebay.

Mr. Excellent-Prime must be put at ease - and then he must be destroyed utterly. I don’t much care whether he’s framed for murder, killed, or what - but he must be destroyed.

Also - am I the only one here who would not have sex with his alternate-universe self? Novelty aside, it just isn’t that appealing - I’m not my type. For one thing, I’m a dude.

I’ve moved on from flying monkeys. There’s a memo someplace.

That’s all it means. Writing that is one of my cliches. I was in character?

If Skald-Prime is EXACTLY like me, he’d refuse to risk hurting Mrs. Rhymer even emotionally, so I’d be safe and would also have no motive to harm him.

Dude, you’re giving me flashbacks of a guy named Loan Nguyen I used to know.

Now there was a dangerously insane nutbag. Died close to the age of 30 because he became convinced he was this great powerful occult figure and refused to believe the minor strokes he was having were anything other that part of some mystical transformation he was undergoing. :eek:

My strokes are not minor!

In fact:

We find each others behaviour, personality and presence mortally embarrassing and try to negotiate residence on separate continents. However, neither of us has the balls to move (we each think the other should do it) and the remaining duration of our lives is made a living hell.

Living hells aren’t nearly as bad as people think. At least you know the people.

That’s the trouble. I know this one.

Our existence at the same time and place would, of course, result in our immediate mutual annihilaton. However, the amount of energy released by the explosion would be enough to propel the Enterprise back in time with enough force to allow Kirk and Spock to meet Gary Sevin AND help Zephraim Cochran invent the warp drive and meet the Vulcans…

Did I understand the question correctly?

I’ve always secretly wanted to know what the interior of my own skull looks like.

No, no, no. How can they time travel and save Edith Keeler?

Does this mean I have to quit hang gliding? What about climbing Pinnacle Mountain? Can I still go to jazz clubs?

And what’s with the Secret Plans being blabbed all over the web? The last time I heard somebody bragging about Secret Plans like this, it was the Italians, and you know what happened to Il Duce.

I blab my secret plans all the time. The more I blab, the less people believe me or pay attention. Blabbing your plans to everybody is actually a marvelous method of concealment.

Unless, of course, you are hiding your real Secret Plans which are really secret, and the ones you blab about are a clever ruse to lull others into a False Sense of Security.
:dubious:

… identical-identical?

We’d roll dice. One of us goes to college to get a degree in translation while the other one stays in consulting, then we flip.

Unless our ancestors also came over, in which case we’d get fresh consulting projects somewhere and not tell our families. I love my brothers, but I’m NOT going to put up with two Grandfathers from Hell, two Grandmothers from Hell, two of Mom, two of Auntie… nooooo way!

Please put down the pipe. This is not a dorm room.

You can continue your dangerous hobbies, as there are already a platoon of mind-controlled Kandorians assigned to keep you from breaking your skull stupidly. Just avoid the vicinty of glowing green rocks, as you’ll be on your own thereabouts.

ETA: who said anything about the plan being SECRET? I don’t tell you guys my secret plans. That’s what “secret” means.

But you could compare your found lone glove photo collections and see if there are any matches, left to right.

Ditto. It just doesn’t appeal to me, really. Although the possibilities for threesomes (or foursomes?) are intriguing…