You'd have to pay me to do that!

:slight_smile:

Actually, air terminals are still nicer than those for buses. For now.

Antiquing. Going to flea markets. Why would I want to spend a beautiful Saturday morning sifting through the sad detritus of other people’s lives?

I’d do it for $25 an hour though.

Any political fundraiser or event. Several thousand dollars plus expenses.

Any ethnic pride rally or event, no matter the ethnicity. (Festivals and parties are different from “pride” events. I’m talking about Klan rallies, Million Man Marches and anything where the overall theme is “We’re better than they are because our skin is this colour or our history is more significant”)

Ooh, just thought of another one–Disney World. Taking little kids to Disney World is very close to my idea of the Vacation from Hell. I’d do it for $1000 a day, plus lodging and food.

I really enjoyed being part of a family and friends group that took a load of kids to DisneyWorld. Heh, it’s cheesy as fuck, and really in yer face, but I liked it a lot. There were probably enough of us adults there to absorb the impact without any individual going totally mad though.

I know other folks like it, and more power to 'em. I’d happily take kids to the beach, the zoo, camping, the state fair–all of those sound like fun. But DisneyWorld holds no appeal for me at all, and adding young’uns, plus hot Florida sun, plus overpriced snacks, plus other crazy families…shudder.

That’s not really ‘pride’ though, that’s ‘ethnic superiority’. I understand why they want to label it ‘pride’ though; it just annoys those of us who feel pride in our own backgrounds and have to need to stomp on others’.

Participating in things like New Year at Times Square. My sis-in-law says she’s always wanted to be there. shudder. I’d rather take a beatin’. No sum of money could make me go.

I went to Mardis Gras once. Even at 17 and much more tolerant than I am today, I was glad to get home.

I don’t tolerate crowds well.