The MGB is running and is being painted. Soon I’ll be driving it again. One time when I drove it to Seattle, the fan belt broke because the pulleys were mis-aligned. When I drove it a couple of weeks ago, the fan belt I’d had replaced back then broke. I thought I’d better have some tools (along with the spare fan belts – yes, plural) so I can fix it. So I’ve just put together a tool kit.
Here it is. I’ll be adding a flashlight, and maybe some wire and small bits. But I think this is a good start. Right now it contains: Four Craftsman Philips-head screwdrivers, four Craftsman straight-blade screwdrivers, eight Craftsman combination wrenches, three Craftsman Evolv crescent wrenches, one AmazonBasics pliers, and one AmazonBasics long-nose pliers. (I left out the wire cutters and the lineman’s pliers that were in the AmazonBasics set.) I put everything into a Bucket Boss tool roll.
Not that I actually know how to fix a car, but at least I now have the means to make an attempt in the event.