Your dead hamster does not compare.

Great book, Daowajan.

A bunch of us have a few sayings when people pull this pointless sort of one-upmanship.

“Then the tiger bit my leg off!”

“At least you have a face.”

“Well, doctors had to reattach my head after I lost it in a car accident.”

People who try to “put your pain in perspetive” tend to give you funny looks when you tell them that your leg was gnawed on by a giant carnivorous mammal.

I once had a headache so bad my head literally burst into pieces. I had nothing left but a stump spurting blood each time my heart beat, and even that was irregular because I was having a heart attack at the time. My fourth in as many weeks. The doctors tell me it has nothing to do with my brain tumor or the quintuple walking pnumonia I’ve had for the past few years as a result of having been 50 feet from ground zero during a nuclear test blast, but I’m not so sure. I mean, the severe arthritis I’ve had since I was a few days old had to have come from somewhere, although really it’s a blessing in disguise due to the oseo-genesis imperfecta type 4 that gives me such brittle bones that I’ve broken three of my fingers just typing this. It’s a good thing my anterior retrograde amnesia prevents me from forming new memories since I was attacked in my home a few months ago (or it could be years, how would I know), as that helps me forget my most serious problem, a nagging dandruff that has yet to respond to any medicated shampoo. I’m tempted to go see a dermitoligist.

Good grief. I did not post the stuff under my name above. iampunha is apparently too stupid to notice that he is not logged in or possibly just too lazy to log out.