Your favorite city

Another vote for Sydney, with San Francisco not far behind.

Got to chime in with Sydney as well. Although, if we’re alllowed to add small towns, I’d have to go with Positano, Italy.

Boston, followed closely by Munich.

I love New Orleans, New York City, and San Diego, from what I’ve seen of them. I live in Miami and I grew up here, and it’s actually one of my least-favorite cities.

Two cities not mentioned yet:
[ul][li]Seattle[/li][li]Charleston[/ul][/li]
[sup]**The fact that Buffalo got mentioned just shows that it is all in the experience. **[/sup]

kniz you beat me to it.

I’m afraid of flying. Absolutely hate landing. I close my eyes and put my affairs in order each and every time. Except when I’m on a flight home, coming into Seattle. It’s so gorgeous that even I have to look. I love the green, the mist that hangs on the foothills. Mt. Rainier on the 5 days a year when it’s clear enough to see it.

If it weren’t for the the dreadful economy, the remorseless gridlock and the soul destroying rain it would be almost perfect. :smiley:

Ottawa, Ontario.

Charleston, though, is a close second.

I’m not much of a traveler, but I can’t think of any city I’ve liked more than New York City. It has history, attitude, it’s a cultural and financial center, it’s got fascinating neighborhoods with personalities all their own.

I’m lucky I live close by.

A close second is Toronto, where my wife and I honeymooned. A lovely, clean city.

I love so many cities! But NY has to take first place. I have lived in Zurich and if I spoke Schwyzerdeutsch I might put that second. I have been living for 35 years in Montreal and it is a great city. I have visited Kyoto and it is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen, but I could never learn Japanese. And Paris is stunning and I do speak passable French. I have never been to Rome or Venice, but by all accounts they are wonderful. I grew up in Philly and still have a soft spot for it. Oh yes, Boston. Never lived there, but visited it many times and it was nice. In part, I judge a city by its public transit since I hate to drive in cities and there NY, Zurich, Paris are tops. Montreal was good 35 years ago, but it sunk into the state of so many North American cities. It takes me about 1 1/4 hours to walk the four miles to my office and if I use the bus and metro I can cut that to an hour and 5 minutes! And this is one of the most frequent bus lines in the city, but it has to contend with all the traffic. Almost forgot San Fransisco. Wonderful place.

Chicago left me cold. Ottawa? I cannot believe that. Of course, it is by exciting Hull. London? No way. Too hard to get around in (not to mention expensive).

Another vote for San Francisco and Manhattan.

San Francisco is just gorgeous and has the most glorious climate. Manhattan is the perfect pedestrian city.

And we love you all, too! :smiley:

Runner up: Munich

Winner: Bombay. No place like home.

However, if they managed to move Hamburg’s Fischmarkt as-is to Munich, Bombay would take second place. Munich rocks.

Munich.

I’m second-homesick like crazy every dam’ day.

Tell me about it!

For me, New York by a city mile. Much as I’d like to see more of him, I’ll be a bit sick if my brother-in-law ever decides to come back to Ireland.

Honourable mentions go to Paris, Prague, Sydney, Barcelona and San Francisco.

Hari Seldon, I was in Zurich last week and expected it to be no more than dull and efficient. Thankfully, I was wrong (about it being dull anyway).

In the US
Third Place: Boston
Runner up: New York
Winner: Chicago

Europe
Third Place: Barcelona
Runner up: Florence
Winner: Prague

Rest of World
Third Place: Singapore
Runner up: Mexico City
Winner: Sydney

Much too many variations to pick an overall World winner.

My favorites:No order Love them all differently,
Venice
Marrakesh
Lubjana, Slovenia
Florence
Dingle, Ireland

Chicago, San Fran, Seattle

First Place: Dubai, U.A.E.

Besides being safer than any US or European city its size, it is perhaps the most multi-cultural place I’ve been.

Second: Hong Kong… nothing like it anywhere.

Other’s I really enjoy: Muscat / Singapore / Sydney / Beirut

Providence, baby. No, really.

BTW, I hate NY and Boston. No, really (and no offense to anyone who loves them). But I love their little cousin.

I better ring Kerry County Council about getting the metro in.