Your favorite semi-obscure English word, or, boardless Scrabble

This one is a loan word (phrase), and is actually spelled sui generis - it’s Latin.

Cataphract - a type of heavy cavalryman of the classical and early medieval world.

I don’t think there is any way to put “superfecundation” into an insult ever. Without having a flowchart and venn diagram handy.

Superfecundation
‘that bitch is the best candidate for superfecundation since the octomom.’
superfecundation

Is there a term for becoming one’s own ancestor through the vagaries of time travel?

Yep. “Science fiction.” :stuck_out_tongue:

Ubiquitous.

My mom was impressed that I could use it in a sentence at like age 14. My use of the word became ubiquitous for a while ^_~

fornenst

Unless you are an Edgar Alan Poe fan, you might not know the word tintinnabulation

Hurple–Raising one’s shoudlers to one’s ears in response to extreme cold.

And when I hurple
My lips turn purple

I am the biggest weather junkie you’ll ever care to meet but until last Thursday I never knew the term macroburst.

I’ve seen it spelled as one word. The teacher who taught it to me spelled it as one word. I think it has two spellings, one which is a couple of Latin words, and the other a couple of Latin words that have been pressed together to make a new word.

palimpsest - writing material (as a parchment or tablet) used one or more times after earlier writing has been erased