Your Favourite Antimatter Research!

Eventually (Start of May), I have a physics paper due on antimatter. I know you guys are amazing, so I was wondering if any of you know of any good places to start looking for information - obviously I will be checking my local library, but specific books/websites would be a boon!

Sorry mods, if this is untoward.

Live from CERN – Antimatter: Mirror of the Universe

Scientific American: What is Antimatter?

Other stuff like articles in this Google search.

Ah, thank you very much, Ice!

It’s gender bias, that’s what it is, all this stuff about anti-matter and not a word about uncle-matter.

Ah! But the question remains: is there an unclemacassar out there in a parallel universe?

Tours of Counter-Earth always include Antafrica, where you can watch lopes lope across the antisavannah, but rarely take you to Arctica due to the danger of anticebergs. The 51st element is of course mony, which I suppose would make Tommy James and the Shondells a heavy non-metal band!

Hospitals treat wounds with septics and inject biotics as a precautionary measure. Antipoisons are, of course, counteracted by their dotes. But beware of sucker deals from Ique Dealers; engage a good Quarian to evaluate their goods.

Sex, however, is not as good there – every sex act ends with an anticlimax! :frowning:

Polycarp just made my head explode.

:eek: I agree, friedo!

GROAN!!! :smack:

Here is one of best friends thesis. I know it involves antimatter, but beyond that, I have no clue whatsoever.

And if you ever get a chance to visit CERN, then you won’t be disappointed. It’s one huge real life James Bond set :slight_smile:

Antimatter is a good way to look for gamma rays in astronomical objects.

Detectors in gamma ray telescopes detect the gamma rays by inducing them to split into an electron/anti-electron (positron) pair. The particles then go through the detector and are basically counted. I am perhaps simplifying this a bit. :slight_smile:

This technology is directly based on particle-detector tech; in fact, one of the detectors for the “Gamma ray Large Area Space Telescope” (GLAST) is being built by the folks at the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC). There are more links in that one to GLAST about how this works.

Don’t forget PET scans too!