Your Favourite {But Lesser-Known} Riffs

Truckfighters, Desert Cruiser. Perfect fuzzed out drawling stoner-metal riff. And Baroness, Take My Bones Away. Just a monster metal riff, try and play it and your hands will fall off.

And Mastodon, Cut You Up With A Linoleum Knife just because it might be the most metal thing ever recorded. And that Eskimo Pie can really shred.

DON’T LIKE IT? WALK OUT!
WE STILL HAVE ALL YOUR FUCKING MONEY!

I think you wanted this link, although that Baroness riff was worth hearing more than once. :slight_smile:

D’oh! :smack:

Hamza el Din, The Spirits. I recall my hip New York uncle introducing my cousin to this LP – the cousin played bass in a California metal band, and I think he dug it.

Sounds a lot kike Billy Squier’s Everyobody Wants You – a terrific riff, too.

In that vein, I’ll offer Alejandra Guzman’s Toda La Mitad. Guzman was a 1990s Mexican hard-rockin’, ball-bustin’ broad, sort of in the style of Melissa Etheridge.

You’ll like Atomic Bitchwax, So Come On.

Kak “HCO 97658” and “Electric Sailor

Spirit “Morning Will Come” or “I Got a Line on You

The first one that came to my mind was the Quicksilver Messenger Service’s version of Bo Diddley’s Mona. Heck, the riff is the first couple minutes of the song in this version!

Here are both QMS’s and Bo’s for your delectation.
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv2e3pmfF0k&list=PLtg6QhGBQvmci4TXv5Npj45sWiqfOaB8o

“Born to Lose” by Black Sabbath, from the oft-overlooked album The Eternal Idol with Tony Martin.

“Pleasures of the Flesh”, thrashiest of the thrash metal by Exodus.

“Stone Dead Forever” by Motorhead, awesome Lemmy bass groove.

Sir, I shall see your Atomic Bitchwax and raise you a Motherfucker From Hell. Especially from about 2 and a half minutes in when the second guitar solo kicks off.

Shit the fuck yeah! :slightly_smiling_face:

Fixed link.

Bo only needs one chord to be amazing!

That whole first Datsuns album is killer.

Jello Biafra wth D.O.A. - Full Metal Jackoff - punk

400 Blows - The Root Of Our Nature - punk

The Gates Of Slumber - Ice Worm - doom

Orchid - Black Funeral - doom

Electric Wizard - Funeralopolis - DOOM!

Throwdown - Burn - metalcore

Hatebreed - Destroy Everything - metalcore

Opal - Rocket Machine - T-Rex style psychedelic glam rock

Supreme Beings of Leisure - Strangelove Addiction (long intro; main riff starts at about 1:03) - space age bachelor pad lounge rock

a rock bass riff that I can’t get enough of: The Icarus Line - Up Against The Wall Motherfuckers - Stooges style punk rock

That is great stuff!

I will see that and toss in Supagroup, Ready to Go - AC/DC meets Buckcherry. Awfully misogynistic lyrics, but so it goes with Big Dumb Rock.

Bo I will check yours out. I think you know I have recommended Supreme Beings of Leisure in a few threads - good stuff.

to Supagroup - sorry about that!

Mountain - Nantucket Sleighride 3:05 - 3:45

When the electric guitar kicks in after the opening solo piano in Call Me When You’re Sober by Evanescence

Black Sabbath - Symptom of the Universe