Your first grey (or white) hair -- how old?

The other day, I yanked a lone white hair from my head. It may have been the same white hair I pulled out about a year ago, when I was 29, grown back. It was strange. The white hair seemed a lot thicker and more coarse than the rest of the hair on my head. Personally, I hope I take after my dad and just acquire a little bit of grey around my temples when I’m about 50.

I pulled my first gray hair in high school.

Been ten years since but they haven’t really increased in number since. If you look hard enough you can find a few at any given time (I have LOTS of hair). I have more in my beard, but they haven’t increased any either.

One week ago tomorrow. I yanked it out. I’m 27. I almost freaked. But I got over it. :slight_smile:

Mine started coming in around age 29. I’m 33 now, and I’ve noticed within the past few months that I have several thin streaks now in my dark brown hair. I’m growing it out so I can have a long hippie-earth-mother braid when I’m 50. (My mother’s and aunts’ hair had turned a beautiful silver by the time they were that age. My aunts dye theirs, but my mom gets compliments on her natural silver curls.)

I think my first was when I was 17 or 18. I’ve alway been proud of my premature gray.

I noticed my first grey hair when I was about 20 or so. I have a little patch when I grow stubble, but I have not noticed any on my head. I cut my hair really short anyway.

My hair is receeding though, around the templed and the “monk patch” on the top of my head is getting a bit thin. I think I will go bald before I go grey.

TTFN
Rick

1. I have been watching their progress closely. Within the last year, I have grown several (I’m 31). I think the count is 14, now. They are all growing in the same spot. As soon as I can afford it, I’m getting my hair dyed.

Michi

I was 18. Mom and I laughed about two more growing in its place as she plucked it out. :slight_smile: I pluck 'em when I find 'em, and now at 30, I have several. I have very long hair and a few years ago, I found one that was pure white and almost 2 feet long!

First gray hair at 16, and I am about 25% gray now at 23.

I don’t care what color my hair is as long as I have hair! :eek:

about 25 or so. With going bald about the same time. I’m 32, and the process is proceeding very slowly. So I’m looking distinguished finally.

And my wife finds it sexy. :smiley:

I was 38, in the ladies room at a Taco Bell.
Didn’t effect me at all…really.
But I haven’t found another one in 3 years.

I was 16.

That was nearly four years ago and I still have the hair. It’s taped to the back of my bedroom door… :slight_smile:

I was excited when I found it. I wish all my hair was white.

Mine was at 29. I remember the year, since I’d just made Department Manager, and started to feel old. Little did I know!

It was four years ago, when I was 41. The women on my mother’s side gray late. I called my mom and said, in an anguished tone"Mom, guess what I found on my head?" I scared her because she sounded quite alarmed when she replied .

I found my first silver hair when I was about 18 or 19. I’m now 42 and getting a salt and pepper mix. My hair is a dark brown but the silver is showing thru, slowly but surely. My beard (I wear a full beard) is quite mixed. I especially like the gray patches right at the sides of my chin.

No, I don’t pluck them out, I think they make me look “distinguished” laugh :smiley:

About 8 years ago when I was 32. The odd thing is I have very, very few grey ones in my full head of hair, but they are all over in my beard and chest. Whats up with that?

I was 16. I have a lot more now that I have kids!

I have none yet, but my baby sister (19 now) has had a bit of gray for a couple of years.

http://members.tripod.com/~joker49/HAIR.HTM

I was looking for political song parodies and noticed this one. It seemed as though it might vaguely belong in this thread. (Or maybe it should be this "strand?)

I’ve had gray hairs since my early twenties. I’m 29 now and I have that “Reed Richards” look to the temples. I wanna be Donahue! LOL