Your five most mutually-dissimilar iPod or MP3 tunes

You win.

My Little Grass Shack in Kealakekua, Hawaii, Sol Hoopii and his Novelty Quartet, 1934
Capriciousness No. 24 (experimental jazz version of a Paganini violin piece arranged for string quartet and rhythm section), The New Friends of Rhythm, 1939
The Thunderer, Sousa’s U.S. Marine Band, 1890
Kijk eens in de poppetjes van mijn ogen, Bep Rowald and The Skymasters (a Dutch radio dance band), 1952
Jingle Bells, from the album A Fart Christmas, date unknown

It’s Tricky by Run DMC
The Night Pat Murphy Died by Great Big Sea
The One I Love by David Gray
Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata
Yoda by Weird Al Yankovic (but performed by my boyfriend the geeky rockstar)

Yeah, I am not nearly as weird as some of you people. I feel so… normal. :frowning:

Ode to Joy

I Saw the Light Hank Williams (yeah, and me a hardcore atheist!)

Voodoo Godsmack

The Scotsman Er…comedy, Dr Demento, can’t remember who

Control Puddle of Mud

And the weirdness goes on…

Cheers,
G

I have over 2600 songs in WMP at the moment, about to upload more as time permits. And since it is hard to pick just 5, I’ll just name some, and you can pick the five that is hardest to group together.

And so, ust glancing over, we have:

• “88 Seconds in Greensboro” by Orchestral Manoeuvrs in the Park, an obscure new wave song about the Greensboro Massacre (When the KKK and the Communist Party got into an armed conflict in Greensboro);

• Various actual emo, like Orchid and Indian Summer, which is where “screamo” came from;

• A random clip from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, that says, “Idle hand spent at the genitals, and you know how much God hates that”;

• The first ever recording, I guess, of Edison saying “Mary had a little lamb…”;

• David Hasselhoff’s “Pingu Dance”, which is him singing about a dancing penguin;

• Several operas, like the Marriage of Figaro and Dido and Aeneas;

• The original Chilly’s theme song;

• Modest Mouse’s Issac Brock amazing 5 minute or so improv jam session that sounds poetic but makes little to no sense;

• Various spoken poetry, like Rod Mckuen, sometimes accompanied by the sound of waves and sweeping orchestras;

• Stubbs the Zombie soundtrack, which is indie bands like Death Cab and people like Ben Kweller covering '50’s songs, from “Strangers in the Night” to “My Boy Is Back”;

• What is known as “The Eohippus Song” to me. Basically, an old, old song about the rise and fall of the eohippus, man’s favorite four toed horse.

This is just some noteworthy stuff of mine. I also have atleast one song from most genres you can name, from Shoegazing to Industrial to African Juju music to a lot of different classical periods to most of jazz’s various turns to almost all broad category of blues to most offshoots of punk, etc etc etc One day I hope to hear 10 times what I know now, it just takes too much time.

I have all of these on the same CD, one right after the other:

Primal Scream - Motley Crue
Can’t Fight The Moonlight - Leanne Rimes
Alive and Amplified - The Mooney Suzuki
My Dad’s Gone Crazy - Eminem
Mean Sleep - Cree Summer featuring Lenny Kravitz

People listen to me listening to that CD and think I’m nuts.

~Tasha