Your Halloween Handout?

I have been known to cut slits into the bottom of a plastic bowl and stick my hand up through them so that it’s concealed beneath the candy. I invite the kids to grab a big handful. When they greedily plunge their little mitt into the candy bowl, I suddenly grab their hand and begin pulling it deeper into the treats.

Their screams of terror are priceless. I must install a camera one of these years.

Smarties

Reeses Peanut Butter Cups

Tootsie Pops

Fun size: M&Ms, Milky Ways, and Snickers

Skittles

Sweet Tarts.

I spend way too much money at Halloween, but we usually have a ton of kids come by. Also, I don’t get to give out all of the Reeses PB cups, because those are Mr. Tater’s favorite.

I buy waaaaay too many Fun Size candies. I usually split them between the door-ringers and myself, but this year, due to my new status as a diabetic, the kids are getting it all.
My neighbor gives out anti-Halloween Chick tracts. :frowning:

I pick up a bag of the Halloween peanut butter toffee things (Mary Jane’s they’re called)- but since kids don’t like them, I am forced to eat them myself.
For the rugrats I tend to get the mini bags of M&M’s, Snickers, Dem Bones, and eyeball gum.

Your neighbor is a Scrooge of Halloween. ANYONE who gives out tracts instead of goodies is just plain nasty.

Now, I’ve been known to give out non-candy treats myself. This year, for instance, I’ve got a bunch of cute little frog erasers that I’ll be handing out to kids who are over toddler age (the erasers are too small for little kids) along with a handful of “funsized” candies. I don’t hand out gross or scary stuff, just silly stuff, if I can find it at a reasonable price. I think it makes a nice change from all the candy, and most kids seem to think it’s neat.

When my daughter was younger, and her friends would come over to trick or treat, I used to make popcorn balls or other nice treats, and put them in a paper bag, with a Note To Parents (Your child got this item at {address}{phone number} from Lisa’s mom. If you prefer, s/he can exchange it for regular candy). I always had several kids asking if I had any leftover popcorn balls, and never once exchanged them. I did have a couple of parents call and make sure that it was ME who made the stuff, though.

My parents always took away any candy that wasn’t wrapped by a manufacturer, no matter who made it. I never got popcorn balls or anything like that. :frowning:

I got a bucket of candy corn, and will probably buy a bag of mixed candies, but I’m not sure if kids will come here or not this year.

I used to dress up like a dummy and sit real still outside my parent’s house, and let kids get their own candy out of a big cauldron, then reach out and grab whichever one was unfortunate enough to be the last kid to take a piece.

My parents out with my younger brother and sister could usually hear the screaming a block or two over.

Ah, Halloween.

I want to see whatwelby does for Hallowe’en this year. :smiley:

StG