Your idiocy might just get your friend's attackers acquitted.

I’m not sure how many Dopers are familiar with Howard Beach and its history of racially-motivated violence and idiocy.

But the latest is that a couple of white jackasses ran down a black man and brutally beat him with a bat.
There is no excuse for this. I figured a Pitting would have come along for these guys, but that’s not the Pitting I’m giving. But remember these assclowns, because one of them will factor into the story later. Mainly, because his prosecution has just been severely hampered.
The white guys’ story is that they were looking for the black guys because one of them feared that he would be robbed for his gold chain. One guy felt afraid because the eventual beating victims were out late at night in a neighborhood that was not theirs, and commented on his gold chain in a manner that made him think he’d be robbed; this fear led him to run and find some friends, which is when things got criminal.

Now, this still does not excuse vigilantism, and nothing excuses the beating put on Glenn Moore. The guy who beat Moore deserves punishment. BAD punishment. Punishment that might just be a little harder to come by now…
(wait for it)
(wait for it)
Now that one of the guys who was with Moore that night just got arrested for… you guessed it… robbing a kid of his gold chain. Late at night.
Not only that, the genius calls the detectives working on MOORE’S case to try to [del]weasel out of[/del] extricate himself from the situation. Which serves to do nothing but provide a documented example that the fear leading to the beating was legitimate. Which doesn’t legitimize the beating, mind you, but will certainly lead to a lessening of charges under the law, and, combined with law enforcement connections in the family, may even lead to a ridiculously tiny amount of jail time for a guy who deserves worse.
HEY!!! JACKASS!!! Do your time and shut up! Or at least realize that handing the defense precise validation of their fucking MOTIVE might not help your badly-injured buddy!
Does anyone else besides me find that just COLOSSALLY stupid?

No to hijack or anything, but can we please stop this “wait for it” shit? It’s pointlessly annoying.

It also doesn’t help their case that one of the victims admitted they were in the neighborhood to steal a car. From the first link

Maybe our legal eagles can help out, but isn’t taking $6,000 to steal a car a crime in and of itself? Or, at least, the beginning point of a criminal act that ends with the theft and delivery of the car? Mr. Spokesman is acting like these guys were out for a moonlight stroll, minding their own business.

Granted, you shouldn’t go around beating people with bats, but I can’t work up even the slightest bit of sympathy for these jokers.

The other thing that pisses me off mightily is that Minucci was immediately branded a racist and immedately charged with a hate crime while this fucker admits in his confession to murdering a women because she is white, and we are still waiting to find out if they will claim it was a hate crime. :rolleyes:

Yes. Conspiracy to commit grand larceny.

Cheesesteak, my guess is because the second guy is…what’s the technical term…oh, right…a f’n loon. Whereas the Howard Beach guys (and many others down there) are unapologetic racists.

Three black kids go looking for trouble in Howard Beach, and find more trouble than they bargained for when they cross the path of Nicholas Minucci, a violent, racist scumbag of the first degree.

Doh! Didn’t finish my thought while working the urls…

Three black kids go looking for trouble in Howard Beach, and find more trouble than they bargained for when they cross the path of Nicholas Minucci, a violent, racist scumbag of the first degree. Bad story and bad people all around, although “Fat Nick” is not someone I would ever want “protecting” my property. Thugs all around, all should do jail time, with Minucci and his goons doing the most.