Your Message To 50,000 Years From Now

There will likely have been some previous threads on the subject, but search flaked out on me, so apologies if this is a repeat.

Anyway, some of you probably will be aware of a project to shoot a time capsule into an orbit that is projected to return to earth 50,000 years from now, called KEO. The satellite is proposed to have enough storage for a four-page message from every current inhabitant of the Earth, and is also supposed to

Personally, I think this is a brilliant project; however, as with all things I think brilliant, it’s questionable if it’s ever gonna happen. No matter, though – for the purpose of this thread, let’s assume it’s gonna lift off eventually (I mean, with a projected runtime of 500 centuries, it’s not like we need to quibble about a few years more or less) – what would you want to tell your great-great-great-…-great-grandchildren (or who/whatever else is gonna read it)?

A grasshopper walker into a bar and the bartender said “hey, we have a drink named after you.” The grasshopper said “You have a drink named Steve?”

I bet some prankster in 20,000 years goes up and gets it.

Well, If everyone writes the future a letter, don’t be surprised if this one makes it in there:

Sorry about using up all the oil and not building a decent cruthrogulation system with it.

I thought this would never work. Guess I was wrong.

girls fukc on farm

If you can read and understand this, how the everloving fuck has intelligent life on this planet lasted this long?

"We’re no strangers to lo-oo-ove…

Seriously, you mean the Cubs still haven’t won The World Series?

I, for one, welcome our cockroach overloads.

On behalf of the people of the 21st century, I’d like to offer my condolences to the families of those who were struck by this satellite as it came crashing down onto your densely-populated planet. I hope you at least got some free tacos out of it.

They always said there would be flying cars in the future. Do you have them yet?

I can only offer words not my own…

“We apologize for the inconvenience.” (from the late, lamented Douglas Adams)

Careful of the Morlocks.

Hop in the time machine a visit me sometime (but please, levae the anal probe at home)

Bob.

If you’re gonna steal my joke, at least get the name right.

I bet that joke predates you and I can guarantee I heard it before I heard of this board.

It doesn’t matter, they won’t be able to read or understand it. 50,000 years is a seriously long time. It would be like a caveman trying to communicate with us.

There are some messages that are timeless. girls fukc on farm is one of them. If English is not the best way of getting this across, a pictograph would work just fine. Either way, it must be transmitted - or the planet will be doomed.