Your Midsummer Night's Dream?

Wednesday was midsummer and Wednesday night was midsummer’s night. Do you have a dream to share? A Shakespearean magical mystery tour?

It’s late! Back to my enchanted forest…

I dream of a love, the magical glance
of which all men swoon
the lady Venus doth pierce my chest with
erotic longings

Yet will my dream come true forevermore
that is fates choice
and until that day I shall wait

Well I had a dream my best friend and I decided to live in a tent on the beach, and survive on peanut butter sandwiches, but that might not be what you’re looking for…

I was thinking that night about Elvis
Day that he died, day that he died
I was thinking that night about Elvis
Day that he died, day that he died
Just a country boy that combed his hair
And put on a shirt his mother made and went on the air
And he shook it like a chorus girl
And he shook it like a Harlem queen
He shook it like a midnight rambler,
baby,
Like you never seen

From “Elvis Presley Blues” by Gillian Welsh. Jimmy Buffett’s version is great.

My son got an xm radio for me for Father’s Day and I spent all yesterday afternoon and evening listening to that old ‘50’s stuff. Probably that’s why I was dreaming about Elvis and Skip and Jan and Gus and Marilynne and all those other good ol’ boys and girls I hung around with when Chuck Berry and Buddy Holly were rockin’ it.

Hey, I had the weirdest experience last night when I went for a quick nap outside–wait, excuse me, I need to get something out of my eyes…

You’re kidding. That must be why I dreamed about Patrick Dempsey this morning (that counts as part of last night’s sleep, right?). Apparently he was supposed to be my partner but I looked at him liked I was miffed. But then I brought over a scraggly-looking piece of my birthday cake with two barely-lit candles for us to blow out. Then he kissed me along my neck and really went to town below my ear. It actually hurt in the dream. :eek: I must have been living in a group house because the house dude expressed his displeasure at the kissing and I said, “Fine, we’re [me and the housemates] done” and went to clear out my stuff and move out.

:confused:

Deleted

Was Wednesday Midsummer night? Don’t you always wait for Midsummer night and miss it. I always wait for Midsumernight and then miss it.

I believe I dreamt somthing about eating Chinese food. No Shakespear I.

Wow, it was that hot it just self-destructed??!?

Yeah. It was so hot I had to go take a cold shower and get an ice pack. Something about a rat, a rutabaga and three teaspoons of crushed garlic. And it didn’t seem to be a recipe. It just burned something awful and woke me up.

Well, as posted earlier, I dreamed I was the apprentice of a Chinese bronze-caster. Don’t see how it’s relevant though.

It’s always amused me that Bottom has the Head of an Ass.

How can yesterday have been midsummer if today is the first day of summer? :confused: