Your very first album

My first 3: Beatles Revolver, Doors Strange Days, Beatles Sgt Pepper (in mono–why buy stereo when you have a mono record player? typical far-sighted thinking).

Lest you think I was a 13-year-old with great taste, #4 was by Paul Revere & the Raiders.

I was given a twenty-dollar bill to spend at the local record store on my fourteenth birthday, and I bought Rumours by Fleetwood Mac, Morning Dance by Spyro Gyra, and Switched on Bach.

[sub] I even had enough change left to buy some strawberry-flavored rolling papers while I was there—they were quite nasty, as I recall.[/sub]:stuck_out_tongue:

‘Star Wars’ soundtrack.

The first album I got for myself was U2’s The Unforgettable Fire. Great album, I still have it. On the same trip I picked up Under a Blood Red Sky and a couple of singles by Duran Duran and Billy Idol. (It was 1985, can you tell?) My family was about to go on a trip to England, so I taped them to listen to on the journey. My memories of England all have a U2 soundtrack.

The first CD I bought was Simple Minds’ Real Life. A good one, though it never really hit on this side of the pond.