You're a popular prolific director: what's your signature gimmick?

1. Joan Cusack will do an extended nude scene in each of my films. It may end up on the cutting room floor, but I’ll shoot the scene, anyway.

2. The Hector Petersen photograph will be visible on a wall, preferably with “Biko” playing in the background

3. Allusions will be made to the fact that the moon landings are fake/Da Vinci Code is non-fiction/CIA killed Kennedy/whatever, usually by the least likely conspiracy-fodder character. This will reflect accurately on real life.

4. I will cameo in my movie, often in the nude scene mentioned in (1)

OH! I posted earlier in the thread but I just thought of a new trademark. Whenever doing a movie in the modern times, someone would be listening to Bill Withers music.

1. There will be a character called Nigel, somewhere in the story, if only a bellhop at a hotel.

2. In some scene, somewhere, a character will be seen raising a red lantern

3. All of my films will feature one or more of the following: a homebirth, a midwife, a nursing mother and/or someone wearing a baby.

4. Some, if not all of the following will be seen: a fedora (not necessarily worn), a tiger, a tuna sandwich, a hotel room/building/apartment/house numbered 7609, this painting and someone dipping their finger into a jar of peanut butter and feeding it to a dog.

Actually, it’s because Apple pays big money for product placement.