You're enjoying food wrong.

All of it. I don’t really like food that much.

My beer is always refrigerated. Even the Belgians.

I’ve had frozen strawberries, and enjoyed 'em. I’ve got to try frozen peas!

Peas in carbonara, it’s awesome!

I like my shoe string French fries that others would call soggy. They should be floppy like earthworms.

I prefer my sub sandwiches after they sat in the fridge for a day.

I eat canned soup and pasta cold out of the can.

Bacon sandwich, just bread and lots of bacon. It’s not wrong however, it’s actually the only correct way.

Same here, beer has to be cold.

I also enjoy my Saki at room temperature.

The only way to do something incorrectly with bacon is if you put it in the trash.

Cheesy Poofs are better slightly stale.

Another Ketchup on Hot Dog person here. Maybe the mustard people are the ones doing it wrong.

Who’s going to tell Gru?

I like soggy waffles spread with jelly and rolled into a tube.

Sour cream and onion-flavored chips with sour cream and onion dip. There can never be enough of the sour cream and onionyness.

I like my BLTs without tomato. I usually order it “as is” in restaurants, and pick the tomato off, just to avoid getting a weird look from the wait staff.

Peanuts with the shells. Why else salt them?

Even beer that is served “warm” is colder than room temperature.

I know Hector Munro goes best with a dreary English day, but there’s no reason you can’t take him inside.

Speaking for myself: when I say I like ketchup on them, it doesn’t exclude mustard as well!

You, my friend, are a genius.

Can’t stand the look or smell(both heebie-jeebies-inducing) of ketchup on breakfast fare. Have been known to change my seat in a diner if my counter-companion has made a bloody mess of eggs or hash browns.

Yeah, I remember hearing about that at some point and being all OH SHIT I’M DOING IT WRONG. And then I thought about it and thought, if I think doing it right means trying to get my pasty-ass self to follow Authentic Japanese Sushi Tradition with my grocery store sushi, what I’m doing wrong is something much deeper.

I do vegetables “wrong” in general, I suppose. I almost never cook vegetables–I prefer pretty much all of them raw, and usually plain. I don’t even make salads, I just grab random stuff to crunch on. I also prefer my steak cooked through–in fact, I prefer very thin cuts to thicker ones like filet mignon because it’s the seared parts I want. (So don’t worry about me “wasting” the good stuff. :p)

I agree that hash browns call for ketchup, or at least for some tangy condiment. I’ve had some odd combinations that were pretty good. Hash browns with Cajun seasoning and lime juice are tasty, as are hash browns topped with chili and mustard. Without something tart, though, they’re just bleh.

Another vote for ice with wine (sometimes) and…even beer over ice…on occasion. It’s just whatever I’m in the mood for that day. I enjoy a warm or barely chilled Unibroue or Baltika 6 or celibate-made tripel, what have you, with dank cheese and salume, but I’ll gladly take a Sol over ice with a squirt of lime with some tacos. And a reverse Martini (vermouth or equivalent with a splash of gin), well chilled, is a thing of beauty on a summer evening. Julia Child would concur. And I really don’t care whether it pairs better with flesh or fowl. For me, mood and temperature are a better indicator of the choice of tipple.

I do like Chicago dogs, as an element of my heritage, but I’m not amiss to a corndog dipped in a pile of ketchup/mustard mix. I like to mix cottage cheese with any number of weird substances. I hate peanut butter as a rule, and seriously despise the smell of it, but once a year I’ll eat a fluffernutter or (cold!) peanut butter and brown sugar sandwich. I don’t understand the point of white rice and would enjoy sushi much more if they forgot about it…it has little nutritive value anyway, and I’d love to see what the Japanese would have done had they discovered the humble potato first. :slight_smile: But, I do like most sushi and can’t stand when I see people drowning theirs in soy/wasabi. Might as well just have some Ruffles and onion dip! Let the sushi chef show you what works together, at least for your first bite (I do like Americanized sushi too; spider rolls, etc. I’m not a snob in that respect, but I don’t dip them in more condiments)…which brings me to my last point.

My only real shibboleth and peeve is this. If I make you a well-thought out meal, kindly do not reach for or demand salt/pepper/hot sauce/ketchup/whatever before you have even tasted it. If I’m fixing you scrambled eggs and bratwurst at 1 AM, by all means. Help yourself to one of our 200 condiments. But not when I’m making an effort to plate and coordinate things. Just…try a bite first before you insist on drowning it in another spice or sauce. :smiley: I promise you, I have made a huge effort to maximize the flavor and texture, and I love to please my audience. Give it a whirl.

Same here! Ketchup always seems to be more odoriferous during breakfast time. Otherwise I like it but ack not near my delicious breakfast foods.

Tuna salad on crackers.
Scrambled eggs and cheap ramen noodles.
Cottage cheese (large curd) and sriracha.
I’m best known for broccoli and eggs for breakfast.
Savory, not sweet, oatmeal.