YouTube down?

Can’t get it to load. Apparently 500 trained monkeys have been dispatched to fix it.

Glad to see it’s not just me.

Looks to be down. :frowning:
Just now from Twitter -

‏Verified account @TeamYouTube
12 minutes ago

Thanks for your reports about YouTube, YouTube TV and YouTube Music access issues. We’re working on resolving this and will let you know once fixed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and will keep you updated.

Yep. In sites with embeded videos, I’m seeing “internal server error” followed by a wall o’ gibberish.

On my smart tv it just says, Unable to load. I’m so glad for Imgur at times like these.

It appears to be worldwide. I wish that I lived near some streets so that I could riot in them…

That oughta do it.

It’s up for me.

Nicely done there TeamYouTube, plugging two services that I’ve never heard of in a “Youtube is broken” message.

Until they resolve the issues, you can use their sister site, redtube.

Looks like it’s working now, at least for me.

Talking about Twitter…

There was a glitch that sent a string of letters to various Twitter users by means of push notifications. Some of the affected even worried that iluminati was coming for them…

I personally didnt receive any weird messages. Was anyone here affected and is the issue solved?

The outage was related to Google+. There was a security breach that necessitated taking it down, but being as it’s integrated so closely into YouTube they may as well be Siamese twins, down went everything.

NetFlixTube and chill?

Any confirmation of that, or is that just your suspicion? Because my understanding is that they are phasing out Google+, not shutting it down.

There was a security hole found in Google+ … in March. They will be shutting down the consumer side of Google+ over the next 10 months. The business side will stay on.

So, other than that … spot on!:wink:

Sorry, I phrased badly - they took it down temporarily to fix the security breach, I’m told. :slight_smile: