Youtube videos are making weird mechanical sounds

When watching youtube sometimes I’ll get a mechanical sound, like if I were hearing the video really slow down for a second. Then things go back to normal. This happens on different browsers. I don’t know how to describe the sound other than just distortion that lasts a second or two, and sounds like the computer isn’t processing the videos properly.

I downloaded advanced system care to see if that would fix it, and it didn’t. So I researched it and saw that a high temp CPU could do it. So I downloaded speedfan. It says my GPU and core are at about 60C. I don’t know how high that is, is that something to worry about?

A little over a year ago I had to have the CPU fan replaced on my PC. I’m wondering if it broke again.

Or it could be a totally different cause.

FWIW, I don’t think I"ve ever had this problem when gaming on my laptop, just when watching videos like youtube.

I’m pretty sure it’s Youtube, it just randomly started to happen to me the last couple days as well.

Yeah, something like a clicking sound. I know it’s ridiculous in this digital age.

I’ve been watching Foyle’s War on my Roku-TV combination on a channel that streams British TV called “AcornTV,” and last night, I noticed the sound y’all are describing. It’s a mechanical, scraping/clicking sound that lasts only a fraction of a second. Reminds me a little of scraping a phonograph needle across a record, but oh-so-briefly.

I didn’t keep track of the intervals, but it seemed to be about every 20 minutes or so.

So maybe it’s not just YouTube; maybe it’s connected with the streaming function itself. <shrug>