You've RUINED Monty Python for me

ALL YOUR MP QUOTE ARE BELONG TO US

Sure, you’re only an insider if you’ve ever visited the offices of Mousebat, Follicle, Goosecreature, Ampersand, Spong, Wapcaplet, Looseliver, Vendetta and Prang.

Or you’ve ever tipped back a glass of Melbourne Old-and-Yellow (“good fighting wine…particularly heavy…should be used only for hand-to-hand combat”)

Or you’ve ever read “Rarnaby Budge” by Charles Dikkens, the well-known Dutch author.

Alright, alright, I’ll stop and finish with this story. The college student church group I once belonged to decided to rent “Holy Grail” one afternoon. I knew there were some fans of the “annoying and vocal” type in the group, so I made this deal - I would spring for the cost of the video rental, but anyone caught quoting aloud along with the movie would have to take us all out for ice cream as payment for spoiling the experience for those few who hadnt seen it yet. (This is especially bad if the quoters are the type that say the line before the movie does.)

About a third of the way through I honestly thought one guy’s head would explode.

But it was some awfully good ice cream.

<— At least that’s from the Flying Circus and not The Holy Grail.

I’m probably guilty of over-quoting Python myself, although I’d like to think my saving grace is that I quote from more than just MPATHG.

So Euty, does this mean you’re gonna get pissed next time someone starts a “What Should My New Username Be?” thread and the inevitable Chicken of Bristol gets nominiated?

One thing I never understood about the Holy Grail fans was that the MEANING OF LIFE is such an infinitely better movie.

Of course, maybe I’m only saying that because I subconsciously know what HG’s fans are like, and want no association. I know that’s the reason I never got into STAR TREK or HIGHLANDER or BLADE RUNNER or MATRIX or REPO MAN.

WAIT! That movie supposed to be funny?

Argh. Hell, the worst part about the movie is I could quote it before having seen it in college! I’d heard so much of it.

Oh, I don’t know - I was walking down the street the other day and for some reason the scene where God charges Arthur to find the Grail popped into my head (c’mon, you all know I’m a weirdo), and I walked down the street tee-heeing all to myself.

Still cracks me up to this day. :smiley:

Esprix

Uh, Euty? Oh, the irony, indeed.

:D:D:D

[sub]PS - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!![/sub]