Yup, you heard Joe Scarborough right!

The very fact that it’s such a trivial difference in the way the words are vocalized and really no semantic difference at all really points up the inanity of having any rules at all for profanity.

Incidentally, the FCC has no jurisdiction over cable television anyway, so the decsion to allow profanity in newscasts does not affect MSNBC in any case. Joe can legally say “fuck” all he wants. The censorship on cable channels is self-imposed. I read somewhere that Trey Parker and Matt Stone have said that the don’t really have to bleep the profanity on South Park but that they do it because they think it’s funnier.

As an impartial judge, I have to rule that’s it’s definately either “frick’n” or “freak’n”. Tucker has a bit of a giggle at the critical moment, but on my sound setup it’s clearly out of the fucking ‘fuck’ category.

Agreed-I’ve noticed that he and Keith seem to be pretty buddy-buddy, even though their politics are probably the opposite of one another.

I’ve also found myself thinking that Joe ain’t half-bad looking. Help!

(And yeah, I think he did say “fuckin’”.)

God bless Lenny Bruce and George Carlin!

(I know there must be others, but their names fail me)

I believe Messrs. Bruce and Carlin “opened the doors” for obscenities to actually have a place in humor, and made it possible for ol’ Joe to be so spontaneous.

Agree/Disagree?

Thanks

Q