Yvette Mimieux has died at 80

Article. Another object of my teen lust has gone.

I fell in love with her when I saw “The Time Machine” at the age of 8 and never stopped. She was a fine actress and a lovely woman. Yvette and Carol Lynley (another winsome blonde I loved as a youth), now both gone. God, I feel old.

Damn! I saw her in The Time Machine when it came out and then in The Black Hole in 1979, and she still looked good. According to Wikipedia and IMDB she was in a stack of other movies, but I don’t recall seeing them. I did see The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm, but didn’t recall that she had been in it.

I’ll always associate her name with the film Snowbeast.

Jackson County Jail made an indelible impression on this teen.

I found her very appealing in Three in the Attic (1968), but was never that impressed by her acting. She’s fine in The Time Machine, but wasn’t given that much to do in Dark of the Sun (1968), an otherwise decent action movie and one of the best films she was in. Apart from a nude horse ride, she is unmemorable in Diamond Head (1962). And I know I watched Devil Dog: The Hound of Hell (1978), but I don’t recall it - or her in it - at all.

Watching employee humiliation at a corporate retreat not being my idea of entertainment, I have not seen Circle of Power (1981), but reviews locate her performance as somewhere between laughable and effective as the boss of the operation.

Just watched her in The Time Machine. It was on TCM. She was gorgeous, and as fine an actress as that role required.

All I can recall of Devil Dog: Hound of Hell is a still photograph of a dad and a daughter staring goofily at an innocuous looking dog with its tongue lolling as dog tongues tend to do. The caption under the photo read, “Satan, disguised here as a german shepherd, terrorizes a suburban family.”

I just watched The Time Machine last night. She didn’t really have any acting to do, but she did it well. Unless she really was acting…

Oh my, sorry to hear that. I remember her in

Get out the hankies for that one…

I had gotten used to the old time Hollywood stars moving to the Back Lot in the sky (are ANY of them left?), but now it’s the ingenues who are departing this life… IOW, the people in my age group…

My teenaged brain permanently stored a Life magazine cover of her with a surfboard. (Easily googled, so I won’t post it)

I was always disappointed she didn’t have a French accent. My main memory of her was her TV Guide ad for a long-forgotten movie Joy in the Morning (1965).

She was so cute in her little frocks in ‘Light in the Piazza’ - though I wonder how likely that marriage would have been IRL…

She was also cute but had the grim role as a rape victim in ‘Where The Boys Are.’

Yvette Mimieux was reported to have had the first female navel shown on TV.

Still, she holds a unique place in TV history. She was the first woman to bare her navel on the small screen.

The event happened in the two-part Dr. Kildare episode “Tyger, Tyger,” in 1964. Perhaps moralists allowed it because her character perished atop a surfboard in the end, dying in the manly arms of Richard Chamberlain.

Yeah, transgressions like that had to be punished by onscreen death.

I was eight or nine when I fell madly in love with Richard Chamberlain on “Dr Kildare.” Yvette was his love interest, I think it was a two-part story, and I always held a grudge against her in my pre-teen heart.

They had a magic together, which led to the making of the movie “Joy in the Morning.”

The magic was excellent acting, since Richard Chamberlain is gay.

She was a beautiful lady.

~VOW

If my math is right, since Dwayne Hickman died, then Yvette Mimieux; then either Richard Chamberlain or Tuesday Weld is a gonner.

Loved her the the greatest movie ever made, The Neptune Factor.