Zoid, a full response to your lame-ass analogy

Personally, I think “God” is a slightly amusing answer to the question of who is the most popular fictional character, and could have potentially opened an interesting discussion, assuming the question of whether or not God really exists could have been put aside. I suspect it probably was intended as some kind of bait, but assumptions of bad faith aside, I find the irreverent use of the word “popular” to describe God amusing in itself.

Even if it was intended purely as a cynical attack on theists, I don’t think homophobia or misogyny are appropriate analogies. Homophobia and misogyny are attacks on the very nature of a person or people, rather than attacks on their beliefs. The realities of the world might require us to legally protect religious beliefs in much the same way as sexuality or gender, but the idea that any belief is not to be criticized or opposed is a terrible one. That doesn’t mean it’s always appropriate to criticize a belief, but homophobia and misogyny are never appropriate.

I’ll grant you that that’s plausible, but why did you just ignore my second question? Why did you ignore the obvious sources of movies and books in favor of formats that most people view with much less respect? Be advised that I really don’t buy the sheer number argument.

I’ll be honest. I really don’t like you. However, I’m throwing you a softball. You need to hit the thing out of the park with a multi-sentence, maybe even multi-paragraph, explanation of why your post in the Sherlock Holmes thread should be taken as contributory. And I don’t want any of the “why is everyone picking on me?” bullshit that you usually do.

Again, this is so much a soft ball. Don’t fuck it up.

Yeah, if we turn this thread into a general discussion of how annoying Czarcasm is, it’s going to completely drown out his spat with Fenris and we’d all be the poorer for having missed that. For you see, while it’s well established that Czarcasm is an annoying twat in just about every post he makes, it’s not yet been proven that he’s knowingly threadshitting. I for one am eager to see this issue hashed out in exquisite detail.

Having now actually looked at the original post from Czarcasm, I see he did say a little more than just “God.”

I also see that something of a real discussion did begin in response to it. It doesn’t come close to homophobic or sexist bigotry.

I thought that Morgan Freeman, Alanis Morisette, George Burns, and the rash of various people that played God on “Wonder Falls”, the depictions of God on “God, The Devil And Bob”, “The Simpsons”, “Family Guy”, “South Park” were all recent enough in people’s minds so that a reminder wasn’t really necessary. I didn’t think I would be cross-examined to this extent when I posted so I put in as much content as a few other posters did-more than some, less than others.

edited to add: this is a response to armedmonkey’s demand. Whether I “fucked it up” or not doesn’t really matter.

Since you have nothing of substance to contribute, just pull up a chair and sip some beer, while Fenris flails around and does everything under the sun but back up his accusations with cites. He sure does talk purty though, don’t he?

Or else what, tough guy? You’re not a mod any more and you get dizzy and faint at the thought of making a fist because you’re a delicate little flower or some such.

Get Miller to say that it’s ok to point out your ongoing hijacks (some of which resulted in mod-notes or warnings and/or are discussed in ATMB), and I’ll produce a couple of them right away. Otherwise, slink back under your rock since risking a warning for a lowlife goat-cum belching gutter-whore like you isn’t worth it.

So you supposedly found something, but the only thing you could find was supposedly modded, and that means you can’t show it to us.
How conveeenient. What the fuck’s wrong with your typing finger, that you can’t contact Miller yourself. I bet he could use the laugh.

It is pretty funny watching Czarcasm trying to be all internet tough guy when he admitted that if someone was trying to hurt his wife or kid that instead of trying to help them he’d run into the corner to cry and shit his pants.

No, it does matter. You are claiming that people should infer stuff you never touched on. You are saying here that freaking George Burns is too recent, and then you fuck it up further by saying “I didn’t think I would be cross-examined to this extent”, which is the same godamn thing I asked you specifically not to do.

You are not capable of responding to criticism without throwing in a little “why is everybody picking on me”? That’s fucking pathetic.

Also, it sounds like you are making all this up after the fact. I don’t buy your innocent act for a fucking second. You have said nothing to convince me, or anybody else, that your intention was anything other than to throw an irrelevant barb.

And you have just as much as said that it wouldn’t have mattered what my reply would have been, you would have reacted to it just the same. If this isn’t true, please tell me what response would have satisfied you?

One lie at a time, Drunky-one lie at a time.

Because, you syphilitic monkey rapist, you’re doing the bullshit technique of asking for proof of what everyone else already knows. You want me to play your game and spend time digging up cites that you’ll simply dismiss out of hand? Then get the permission from the mod to do so, you chickenshit wimp.

Or is this just another of your bullshit tactics to take attention away from the fact that you’re a socially backwards loser who’s incapable of conversation with people who’ve been properly socialized?

If it is bigotry - akin to mysogyny, homophobia and racism - to say or imply that there is no god, is it bigotry to say or imply that there is a god?

I’m not weaselling. Sure, I used the word ‘problem’, but in the same post as saying it can be simply ignored. What kinds of problem can be ignored? Silly little ones that are hardly problems at all.

This is not a reversal of my opinion. It is the point I have been making all along.

And, just in case it causes any confusion downthread, I did not pit Stoid, it was Zoid.

I see the lips flapping, but nothing of substance has yet to emerge. How long do you think he can keep it up?
Just keep screaming “Everybody knows”, Fenris, and eventually people will wonder why you have to keep saying it over and over and over again…when showing it would be so much more effective.

As has been touched on, it’s all in how you say it. Intent matters. It is not bigotry to express your beliefs, or lack thereof, but it is bigotry when you phrase it in a way designed to denigrate others’ beliefs, or lack thereof.

Is there a reason you decided to have this argument with Fenris in this thread, instead of starting a separate Pit thread when you wanted to discuss a topic unrelated to the OP?

Is there a reason you didn’t bring this up with Fenris when he started talking shit about me, accusing me of things that, so far, he can’t back up? It’s a little late in the game for you to be playing concern-troll, don’t you think?

Is there a reason Mangetout’s pitting of Zoid became a pitting of Czarcasm?

Yep.