The Danny Thomas story

Since people have been beggingbegging!!! to hear this one, I have no choice but to give in.

Again warning as this is kind of nasty-------------------------------------

The gist of it is that Danny Thomas would sometimes saunter home and announce that he wanted “eggs, sunny side up.”

After saying this, Danny would go into the living room and lie face up underneath a glass coffeetable. Then either his wife/mistress/girlfriend of the moment etc would come into the living room sans bottoms of any kind, squat over the coffe table approximately over Danny’s face and go #2.

Now, I cannot imagine why people would find this to be any sort of a turn-on but apparently some do. I’m not saying it’s wrong or anything, I just don’t get it.

I heard this one on The Don & Mike radio show a few years back.

Speaking of Don & Mike, they had a Raymond Burr story about a decade ago. Does anyone know that story?

Oh, is that all. I figured the Danny Thomas story would involve Marlo and the phrase, “Make Room for Daddy!” :smiley:
I am so going to Hell for this.

How 'bout the Spencer Tracy story!!! Pretty grossening, but supposedly true.

He was a big boozer, but it was a binge thing, and every so often, he’d check into a hotel with a suitcase full of bottles of gin.

He’d take his clothes off and sit in the tub and just drink the bottles of gin, and wouldn’t get out of the tub, even to deficate or whizz. When the gin ran out, he’d sober up, clean up the bathtub, put the empties in the suitcase, and check out.

Strange dude.

Maybe so, but you can’t deny he was considerate.

Paging Eve. There’s an outbreak of dead celebrity rumors in Cafe Society.
I’m almost going to have to call bullshit on the Danny Thomas stories mainly because I vaguely recall hearing the same stories being told about other celebrities who had “nice guy” public images. Considering that Thomas was the star of a long-running family sitcom who was responsible for setting up St. Judes, he certainly had a “nice guy” reputation. And let’s face it, nobody would even be 10% interested in these stories if he was well-known to be a hateful bastard.

Tracy, to put in mildly, had a lot of personal demons. In addition to his alcoholism, he had a deaf son from his first marriage that he felt he abandoned after the marriage broke up.

Tracy’s gin binges were his way of dealing with his alcoholism. He figured if he checked into a hotel for a few days to go on the bender, he’d get all his cravings for alcohol out of his system and be able to stay clean for a number of months while working. However, it also ruined his health. If you look at Tracy in his later movies from the 1950s and 60s, you’d swear he was in his 80s even though he was about 25 years younger.

This was revived by a spammer. If anyone wants to talk about Danny Thomas, feel free to start a new thread.