A "Simpsons" episode taken off the air?

Now, this could just be an oversight on my part, but I couldn’t help but ask this question that’s been burning inside me for quite some time. There is a particular Simpsons episode in which The Simpsons visit New York City (one of my favorites). In one part Homer ends up at the World Trade Center, and several scenes with the Twin Towers ensue. But, ever since 9/11 I haven’t seen this episode, and believe me I catch the re-runs daily. Was this episode removed from rotation just temporarily or permanetly, or have I just lost my mind? :confused:

I saw it just a couple of weeks ago.

It’s probably just a coincidence.

I saw it a few weeks ago, too. It was actually a little bit nostalgic and cathartic.

I have also seen it since 9/11. I’m glad they didnt remove it. It is a very funny episode.
dead0man

I’ll take the crabjuice!

Seen it twice since 9/11. I’m glad they didn’t bow down to pressure and pull it.

It would be a shame to remove this episode from the rotation. It was, IMHO, one the THE funniest episodes ever. From what New Yorkers have endured in the past nine months, it’s doubtful a TV show will upset them.

My favorite part was the “Men’s room out of order. Use other tower” sign. :smiley:

Ah, I love that episode.

Go, Secretariat!

I am a program director at a FOX station that carries two reruns of “The Simpsons” a day. On Sept. 14 we got a list from the syndicator listing episodes we may want to use discretion on scheduling - they had scenes of “bombs” and questionable material (like the one where Sideshow Bob threatens Springfield with a nuke) but we never got an order to permanently pull any episode. Just recently I ran one of the ones listed (the one where they accidentally bomb the Mad magazine building)…nobody batted an eyelash.

YJAN EHT NIOJ

Phouchg
Lovable Rogue

oops that should be

YVAN EHT NIOJ
:smiley:

Oh, now you tell me, Phouchg, after I just called my local Najy recruiter.

KALKABOSH!

Was the episode aired in its entirity? I remember talking about this episode on 9/11 and we figured that if they ever did play it they would at least cut out the line that goes something like “They stick all of the jerks in tower one” Was this line cut or aired.

Nope, no lines cut.

“And that’s when the CHUD’s attacked.”

They didn’t air it for a while, several months. Then I saw it again, nothing edited.

I doubt they’d air it september 15th or something… but not America has gone back to it’s consumer state of stupor.

This kind of thing, even if it happened, would be nothing new. During the great depression of the 1930’s radio stations stopped playing the song Happy Days Are Here Again, so Roosevelt made it the theme song of his campaign for President.

They cut out the WTC on Barney Miller

“All I remember was giving a guest lecture at Villanova, or maybe it was a street corner.”