Women who have proposed to their (future) husbands?

Well, here’s an odd question, but I’m curious…does anyone know any women who proposed to their husband? The only instances I’ve ever seen it happen were on a couple of sitcoms, but I would imagine it’s happened in real life, too. Does anyone here have a second hand (Or even a first hand) account of such a happy, if somewhat unorthodox (Not that I’m judging!), event?

Well, thanks for your time,

Ranchoth

I THINK I did, but it was a complicated moment. We had one of those need for some sort of milestone kinds of arguments, you know “Well maybe you should just leave and move back west!” “Maybe I should!” “And I was going to ask you to marry me soon!” “Oh, no! I was going to ask YOU!” 'So should we just call this stupid fucking thing quits or should we get married and promise to get old and floppy and dead together?!" I think I started it anyway. It was one of those deep autumn out in the woods with falling-leaves passionate days that you can’t really explain because it is wonderful and horrible at the same time.
Of course the children will receive a different version.

Ah, I have been reminded that I had actually bought him a ring shortly before but hadn’t laid it all on him. The ring turned out much too large (I was guessing the size) so we went in and got real matching rings to replace it.

I proposed to my ex. Sort of. I was away at Sorority Rush (odd, two traumas in one story: Rush & my ex) and I called him in tears because it was just not working out for me. We ended up talking about us and how we both kind of thought we’d end up getting married. And I told him that I wanted to make it official. Next time I saw him he gave me his mom’s ring.

My situation with my current was similar, except that neither of us ever made it “official.” We had a baby and just started referring to eachother as though we were already married. And other people do, too. Eventually we’ll have, like, a wedding or something. But right now we’re kind of busy having three kids. :wink:

You know, I don’t think I know anybody who had a “real” proposal to begin with.

I proposed to my now hubby leechboy one fine April night two years ago. We went out to dinner and I was so nervous I could hardly eat, then I tried to casually suggest a tram ride to this romantic location. He knew something was up but I don’t think he expected me to get down on bended knee and bring out a ring :).

For those in Melbourne - I proposed at the fountain up near the old treasury building on Spring street. Desperately trying to find a picture for non-locals.

My Beloved proposed to me - down on one knee and everything. I eventually said “yes.”

Since then, nothing but :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

My adorable but slow-moving husband is a very deliberate, methodical guy who researches for months and months every major purchase, vacation, you name it. If I had not proposed when I did, we would probably still be dating. After I proposed to him, it was about 4 months until he made his decision. After he said yes, he suggested the first Saturday in May for the wedding date, which happened to be May 1st. (May Day! May Day! teased his co-workers. ) By the time we did get married in '82, he was 29, I was 27, we’d been living together for 2 years, had known each other for 5.

I proposed to my guy about 4 weeks ago. Bought a ring, went on a hike down by some water falls in Ottawa. Didn’t go down on one knee, but just said something sappy. He said yes.

We met online almost 5 years ago and we’ve been living together for 4 1/2 years.

He almost ruined the proposal too. We had a small disagreement. He didn’t wanna go on the hike argh Just go… after about 15 minutes, he finally relented.

My wife proposed to me. I had a gig up in Boston and she tagged along. We were laying in bed enjoying the morning and she turned over with a ring box in her hand and popped the question. I said ‘yes’, and we enjoyed a fabulous day on Cape Cod, then I played later that night.

She said she practiced what she was going to say a bunch of times, then tried to do it a couple of times, but she figured the timing or mood wasn’t right, and I escaped (unbeknownst to me, of course).

My mom proposed to my dad, about a year and a half after she asked him out on their first date. They’ve been married 33 years.