What he Hell is Wrong with Fox News

Quote: “They wound up being offered four,” says my source. “But when they were asked to pay $75 apiece, they said forget it. And you know, that’s why Gore isn’t president, in a nutshell.”

http://foxnews.com/story/0,2933,59875,00.html

This is the single weirdest thing I have read about why Gore lost the election on Fox News. I mean, what is this even supposed to mean?

Read the whole article on Springsteen, too. It is one the wrost pieces I have ever read.

If you go to my thread in Great Debates (about UNC) you’ll find out that I’ve had my own problems with FOX NEWS. They just blurt out whatever the hell they feel like.

What the hell is wrong with me, might be a better question.

I need to learn to read what I post for errors and pay attention to where I am posting.

Can the mods move this to MPSIMS.

Well, I don’t know about Fox News in general, but this piece is a pop music review, which provides a lot of leeway. I have no idea what the comment about Gore means (although it does seem odd they wouldn’t just pony up the money for the tickets).

What was it otherwise you didn’t like about the article? I don’t know if it was accurate or not, but it made me interested in the new album, “The Rising”.

Okeley-dokeley!

I think the ‘didn’t win the election’ thing has to do with the fact that they felt that they ‘deserved’ the freebies, or that they were too cheap to pay for the tickets (the second might be a good analogy, as the Republicans raised three or four times the cash for the ‘fight’ in Florida AFTER the election).

What in the world are you jumping up and down about? The reason for the quote is not a brain teaser.

The comment was in the entertainment/style section of the website and quoted an unnamed source in gossipy, bitchy context regarding a purported attempt by Tipper to snag some free tix for the sold out Springsteen show. When four tickets were obtained after much work she passed on them because they were $ 75 each and she wanted them gratis. The source probably thought this was the height of ungratefulness, cheapness and clueless stupidity combined with an apparent attitude of entitlement which prompted the bitchy “election” comment.

Why is the quote by the source in this gossip item definitive of FOX News as a news organization?

Here what I don’t like about the article (Fox News in General).

Fox News tries to pretend that they are the only all station that speaks for the American people with no bias. Now as far as I can tell this is an article about a Bruce Stringsteen concert. Why start if off on a commentary on the Gores.

For the rest of the article, Roger Friedman doesn’t seem to have the first clue about Springsteen. Did this guy really go to the concert? Who knows? Anybody could have written this article about any artist. Old fans and non-fans who only want to hear the hits, at a concert, that can’t be right. Also Springsteen has been playing a slower, angrier version of Born is the USA for years. Which the writer would know if he bothered to do any research. And to categorize The Rising as song only about the heroes and victims of 9-11 is dismissive. I not a Springsteen fan, but the writer’s whole attitude seems to completely miss the point.

I don’t really care about how bad the article is, my OP was really only about the Gore comment.

Its much ado about nothing, just pointing out the Gore is a cheapskate. Astro hit the nail on the head.

Any chance FOX News has to bash a Dem, they will take. It’s as simple as that. This comes as a surprise to you?

You of course, have documented, personal, first hand knowledge of this, right? Right?

Didn’t think so.

:wally

Bushes cousin is content editor for FOX. Any questions? The entire station was set up for the Bush election.

-Justhink