A Star Wars/Star Trek "Heavies" death-match:

Sometime in the delta quadrant of the future, a Borg cubicle searching for new and different technologies to absorb stumbles into a wormhole that transports it through time & space to a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

The square-shaped dreadnought detects a massive spherical ship that it at first mistakes for another Borg ship. As it approaches, the Borg are surprised to realize that this super-advanced ship is the engineering product of an evil empire composed mainly of lowly humans! But it is primarily piqued by the massive planet-destroying laser cannon attached to the underside of the orb.

“Wow! That planet-destroying cannon sure would make Picard wet his pants! This we gotta have!” shouts the Borg Queen in an unusual moment of unbridled excitement. After regaining her composure, she contacts the Death Star and haughtily demands they lower their defensive shields and prepare to be assimilated.

“Unlikely.(Ohhh-haaa)” utters a deep, husky voice over the subspace comlink. “You are fools to believe you can assimilate the omnipotent mystery that is the Dark Side of the Force. (Ohhh-haaaa) It is your DESTINY to fall before our might! (ohhh-haaa)”

And with that, the battle begins…

How does it end? Opinions?

The Borg cubicle will expand to a proper office after a recent promotion, why? :slight_smile:

I think the Death Star can mop the floor with a Borg cube with little to no effort. The Death Star has a whole boatload of fighters, gunships and assorted support vessels, and that massive planet-frying laser will certainly help their odds. A single small-moon-sized Death Star can take out a whole fleet of four-by-four-by-four-mile Borg cubes easily.

www.electricferret.com/fights/darkstars.htmThis should give you a good idea.

The Death Star would also have Vader, who would crush the Borg with one clench of his fist. Or at least, pick them off one by one.

And the Emperor…well, two words: Force lightening.

Ah, but the Borg probably have a spell checker from Hell.
Cubicles! Lightening! Ha!

^:)^

Oh, don’t forget Locutus.

One weak hit from the Death Star cannon would completely destroy the cube. No time to adapt. Even if it wasn’t completely demolished hundred of TIEs would get rid of whatevers left. Even if Borg did beam to the Death Star Vader would make short work of them. Ha, foolish trekkies…

Ah, but what about Q? He could give Vadar a run for his money certainly. Plus, he could grant exciting powers to all of his allies, and cause ferocious pig-things to appear aboard the death star, running through all of Vadar’s minions (and that pesky Westley Crusher, too!).

I don’t really know anything about the Borg since I’ve never seen the episodes they are in, but this is still a simple choice. I mean, we’re talking about Star Wars vs. Star Trek here. Star Destroyer trumps Enterprise, Stormtrooper trumps Red-Shirted ensign, Death Star trumps Borg cube.

Nuff said. :slight_smile:

What about Q? He’s not with the Borg.

The Death Star can win this easily without even using its superlaser. Its surface is covered with thousands of turbolaser batteries that individually can dish out orders of magnitude more firepower than a Borg cube can take. It has thousands of fighters, each pumping out kilotons of damage with each fully-charged laser blast. And its shields, while surpassed by fighters (“The Empire doesn’t consider snubfighters to be any threat, or they’d have a tighter defense.”) can stave off bombardments from a whole fleet of ships which are all more powerful than the Cube.

The Borg have no chance. In this case, resistance is far from futile.

Hmm… meant to write “bypassed” instead of “surpassed”.

It’s about this point in one of these threads that somebody usually points out

[ http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/index.html

I think next comes about a page of Mike Wong bashing followed by about 4 pages of increasingly vociferous argument about Warp speed combat and whether or not turbo-lasers penetrate shields.

True, but if people are going to bring in Vadar or the Emperor (who are not “part” of the Death Star per se), then why not? I mean, What does Vadar have to do with the Death Star’s capabilities, hmmm?

Gee, the fact that we’ve seen Vader on board the DS before (and both on the DS II), and the fact that both are part of the Empire, and as such not totally unlikely to help their minions wheras Q kinda despises the Borg?

It’s not like either are needed anyway (nor would be massively useful, unless you go with comic-style Force Storms or want to capture some Borg for some random reason)

Make it an ISD instaed of the DS and we could get some decent flames going… :slight_smile:

What does it mean, “ISD instaed of the DS”?

Imperial Star Destroyer instead of Death Star. ISD’s are the big triangular thingies that the Empire uses.

It’s really the only fair pairing since the DS would annihilate the cube with one shot. Not even close. Although maybe a SSD would be a better match since I understand that the cube is much larger than standard ships in the Trek universe and the SSD is much larger than standard ships in the SW universe.

Cowards.
For a REAL contest, pit the Death Star against Admiral Janeway.
^:)^

The cloud of hot air that would result from the super laser puncturing her would destroy the universe. A tie.

Ha!
I’ve seen how Vader feels about is Mommy! He wouldn’t stand a chance! Janeway would give him “the Look” and he would burst into tears.

Ok ok ok, but what if Locutus is on the Borg ship? Q certainly has emotional attachment to Picard, and just might chip in to help save Picard, his personal homo sapien toy/teacher. Huh? What then? :stuck_out_tongue: (Pleeeaaase… I just want the grunty piggy things with spears to go at it against the Storm Troopers).

I have to say I’m still not seeing it happening, but yes, the Borg and Q could beat a Death Star*. Of course, a small gerbil and Q could beat the Death Star, so it’s kinda random.
(*unless you take that Voyager episode where the Q were held hostage by humans with a bunch of magic muskets too literally, but I try and block most of Voyager from my mind)