The Straight Dope

Go Back   Straight Dope Message Board > Main > The BBQ Pit

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 10:11 PM
BANNED

Coldfire please change your name

Coldfire as a moderator you need to do more to fight ignorance, not promote it. Your user name gives the impression that fire can be cold. Don't give me any crap that a fire is cold compared to the sun or some such bullshit; fire gives off heat, not cold.

I encourage everyone to let Coldfire know you want a name change to Hotfire. I mean, come on, even Frankenstein knew fire was hot.

Please use this link if you have any questions about fire and heat.
Advertisements  
Old 12-01-2002, 10:15 PM

It's just an oxymoron! EEEsh...

This is going to be a FUN thread...
Old 12-01-2002, 10:18 PM

Keep on going...

Don't look...

Just keep on driving...

Must...

Not...

Look...

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!
Old 12-01-2002, 10:21 PM
BANNED

AAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's COLD but it burns!!!!!!!!!!!

Daddy, daddy, make the bad man stop!
Old 12-01-2002, 10:22 PM
BANNED

This is a really lame ass rant.

< change your name, it bothers me, I am a big fucking whiner. >

Yeah buddy, like your user name has any sense to it.
Old 12-01-2002, 10:24 PM

I would like to report this fucked up OP to a Moderator, an Administrator, and Uncle Cecil Himself. This Fucktard is wasting our bandwidth and my patience with asinine dribblings of idiocy. It is very painfully obvious to anyone with half a testicle for a brain that this numbnuts get his rocks off posting shit so fucking gawd-awful DUMB that he wants his stupidity pointed out, and is doing this for the attention that must be (surprise, surprise) lacking in his real life.

Please. Someone with authority, PLEASE review this cretin's post history, even starting only with the threads he's begun. I'm begging here.
Old 12-01-2002, 10:46 PM
BANNED

UncleBill are you saying fire is cold?
Old 12-01-2002, 10:48 PM

No, he's saying you're an idiot.
Old 12-01-2002, 10:50 PM

That, and the name probably came from a Rush song.
Old 12-01-2002, 10:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally posted by a person with an entirely logical and self explanatory username
I encourage everyone to let Coldfire know you want a name change to Hotfire.
No, no, no you've got it backwards. The problem lies in the latter part of his name, not the former.

I demand that he change his name to Coldicecream.
Old 12-01-2002, 10:55 PM

Well my first thought would be that this is a joke. However, after viewing BZ00000's thread on Nasa trying to recreate Superman's feat of time travel in a movie, I know BZ00000 is capable of such a stupid notion. So BZ00000 are you a troll or just stupid? And please remember the minimum age of this board is 13. So please leave and return when you get a fucking clue.
Old 12-01-2002, 10:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
techchick68: Yeah buddy, like your user name has any sense to it.
I think it's quite apt, actually:
Quote:
BZ causes [...] stupor, confusion, and confabulation with concrete and panoramic illusions and hallucinations, and with regression to automatic "phantom" behaviors such as plucking and disrobing. The United States weaponized BZ, but demilitarization began in 1988 and is complete.
(Actually, I'm really glad I found that... I was under the impression that BZ was a sort of vapourized LSD -- Actually, it's more like belladonna. Much more effective as a deleriant, I would imagine.)
Old 12-01-2002, 10:56 PM

Oh fark! I just realised who BZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO must be in Real Life
Old 12-01-2002, 10:57 PM

Don't tell me I'm the only one laughing, guys.
Old 12-01-2002, 10:59 PM

I would have thought this was a joke too. However, after the Visa Mastercard Commercial fiasco, I don't believe that at all. I think he's really this stupid.
Old 12-01-2002, 11:04 PM

*blinks* Is this supposed to be funny? It's not.
Old 12-01-2002, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by the grim spectre of red death
Don't tell me I'm the only one laughing, guys.
Nope... I thought the OP was a joke too.
Old 12-01-2002, 11:09 PM
Charter Member

BZ0000's posts are best enjoyed if you imagine them in the voice of Ralph, from The Simpsons. Try it with me:
Quote:
Originally posted by BZ0000
I just swallowed gum is this bad?
See?
Old 12-01-2002, 11:14 PM

I would be lauging, fred, but it's just getting so old. How many posts can you do as a dumbass and still be funny? I think he's already passed that number, and it's time for him do kill this pony and pick a new trick.
Old 12-01-2002, 11:20 PM

Normally, I would think that the OP was just for funsies, but given his past history (especially the bit about Superman and time travel), I have the nasty feeling that he meant every word of it.

BZOOO, get over yourself.
Old 12-01-2002, 11:20 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Wearia
So BZ00000 are you a troll or just stupid? And please remember the minimum age of this board is 13. So please leave and return when you get a fucking clue.
Not for nuthin', BZ, but I'm a big fan of the question posed here. You've been hitting GQ pretty hard with questions that are so idiotic that the notion which occurs to Wearia and UncleBill has also occurred to me. Your follow-up questions in the Superman Pit thread seriously make me think you're a troll.

So. There we are. If you're trolling, stop or I'll happily erase every bit of evidence of your existence on this board. If you're not, well, I don't know what to say. But you should definitely email me before opening your next GQ thread.
Old 12-01-2002, 11:29 PM

Thank you manhattan.
Old 12-01-2002, 11:37 PM
Charter Member

More plucking and disrobing!
Old 12-01-2002, 11:40 PM

"This is my sandbox. I'm not allowed in the deep end."

"... and this is where I met the leprachaun. He tells me to burn things."

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." (Everyone's favorite.)

BZ, shape up or we'll ship you out, and don't mess with the Dutch. They're crazy in three languages.
Old 12-01-2002, 11:52 PM

Wearia asked:
Quote:
So BZ00000 are you a troll or just stupid?
Funny, i asked pretty much the same question in this thread. BZ00000 is really distinguishing himself/herself around here.
Old 12-01-2002, 11:56 PM

Rush? Geddy Lee's just proof that a few castrati are still around.
Old 12-01-2002, 11:57 PM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BZ causes [...] stupor, confusion, and confabulation with concrete and panoramic illusions and hallucinations, and with regression to automatic "phantom" behaviors such as plucking and disrobing. The United States weaponized BZ, but demilitarization began in 1988 and is complete.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not to out anyone or anything, but could a clue as to our boy's identity be found withing these words? Perhaps the fourth word that starts with a "c"? Just a hunch mind you...
Old 12-02-2002, 12:01 AM

Huh.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:08 AM
BANNED

particlewill

Given the play ground that concrete has over on Fathom and other boards. Given his inane and utterly stupid posts (more ridiculous than this one) I highly doubt it's him.

He's has a cable connection and the IP address is the same most of the time. Unless the mods confirm and with the length of time BZ has been here, I highly doubt it's him.

concrete tends to have....never mind....I just don't think it's him unless he has changed his M.O. here. The OP has been here too long and I am usually very good at picking him out from the SDMB posting mug shots, if you will.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:13 AM

Twas just a hunch. I have seen his ramblings and thought I noticed a similarity. Although I did see his Fathom post that said Lynn shut him down while he was still filling in the reg agreement so he could create a new sock recently. Fascinating. All the same, I seriously doubt anyone could be as stupid as BZ is making himself out to be and still be able to work his toaster, let alone a computer.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:23 AM

"I want to go to Bovine University!"

I dunno guys. I'll admit that my humor is really quite low-brow but I think BZ is pretty funny. I mean come on...picking a fight with a mod like that. I do resent the waste of bandwidth in GQ, but I wouldn't mind reading a few more pit posts by this dude.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:25 AM
BANNED

particlewill it is possible that I can't work a toaster. I don't like toast and have never tried to make toast.

As for everyone else, how can this be a troll post? I don't like Coldfire's screen name, I gave my reasons. So go ahead and agree or disagree on the merits of the OP.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:31 AM

Tars Tarkas as a member you need to do more to fight ignorance, not promote it. Your user name gives the impression that Tarkas can be Tars. Don't give me any crap that a Tarkas is Tars compared to the sun or some such bullcrap; Tarkas gives off Lars, not Tars.

I encourage everyone to let Tars Tarkas know you want a name change to Lars Tarkas. I mean, come on, even John Carter knew Tarkas was Lars.

Please use this link if you have any questions about Tarkas and Lars.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:33 AM

Hmmmm...I was thinking that Coldfire should change his screen name to: LuvSoccer or HateKrispy, maybe even C#3WannaBe

I'll run these suggestions by BZ00000 and get his permission. These should satisfy the Truth In Screen Names regulation.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:36 AM

How about he change his name to : Black Twins who use checks not Visa
Old 12-02-2002, 12:40 AM

The OP has no merit. It is a troll post because it is STUPID. Coldfire's name comes from a song by a band named RUSH. It isn't about fire being cold. Your post about Superman reversing time was STUPID. Almost every post you make screams "I am intentionaly being stupid to get a rise out of people". You cannot posuibly be as dumb as you make yourself out to be and manage to use a computer, let alone navigate the Web. I cry "FAKE!" You are yanking our colective chains here. I can just imagine your rationale here. "Hmm, here is a site that claims to fight ignorance. I think I will act really dumb and see what they do." This is trolling. You are wasting bandwidth. I hope to see BANNED under your name soon.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jayrot
I'll admit that my humor is really quite low-brow but I think BZ is pretty funny. I mean come on...picking a fight with a mod like that.
Come to think of it, it is humorously reminiscent of a poodle pissing on a panther's leg.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:46 AM

BZ00000 wrote:

As for everyone else, how can this be a troll post? I don't like Coldfire's screen name, I gave my reasons. So go ahead and agree or disagree on the merits of the OP.

This news just in; bears shit in the woods! The Pope is Roman Catholic.

Film at 11!
Old 12-02-2002, 12:48 AM

I think I will turn of the tv at eleven. Don't wanna see the pope shit anywhere.

What?
Old 12-02-2002, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by particlewill
What?
Something something bare pope something shit wood.

Sounds painful. Could be hemmorhoids, could be termites.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:01 AM

I thought the OP was funny. I never occurred to me that it was anything other than a joke. I just reviewed some of his other threads and some of them were funny too. Like the one in the Pit about the Visa ad. He can't tell when two black people are identical twins while accusing them of implying that all black people look alike? That's comedy. I think he's a troll, but I'd like to keep him.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:28 AM

WHBT

[announces solemnly]

WHBT*

[/announces solemnly]

*We Have Been Trolled.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:30 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally posted by chula
I thought the OP was funny. I never occurred to me that it was anything other than a joke.
Well, if it's a joke....If I remember correctly that joke threads are NOT allowed in the Pit. Joke or not, it's just plain fucking stupid.

Good Word. People really like to start the most lamest shit sometimes.

BZ00000000 or however many zeros there are in there, your name makes no sense to me either....so fuck off and whatever. BZ000000, bitch zone 00000? big dickhead zone 00000? big fuckedupasshole 00000? Huh? You have no room to talk. Geezus.

I don't hold any Mod or admin to a higher pedestal than the other....come to think of it, none of them are on a pedastal. But your rant is really fucked up and lame.

Geezus.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:57 AM

In the interest of full disclosure, I have to admit I'm not actually a Captain. Honestly, I'm not all that amazing either. I'm sorry if I caused any of you any confusion.
Old 12-02-2002, 02:05 AM

My whole world is shattered....
Old 12-02-2002, 02:06 AM
Charter Member

Yep. I reckon we should all start comin' clean, here. Ol' BZ00000 has th' drop on us, fer sure.

I'm not a wolf, and I don't live in th' ice. I'm actually a small, brown fairly cute looking nocturnal bird with a nesty beak and an attitude.
Old 12-02-2002, 02:09 AM

I always liked guys like B0Z0 when I was in school. He lowers the curve. Makes me feel smarter.

But if you lower the curve too much, too often, they send you off to the special class and make you ride the short bus.

Now boarding, the big yellow bus back to school. Everyone who's supposed to be on this bus please form a single-file line by the door-- Whoa, not so fast B0Z0...

Happy
Old 12-02-2002, 02:29 AM

Hey, wait a minute... FIRE isn't COLD?!?

Then what the hell have I been using to cool my drinks all these years?!?!?
Old 12-02-2002, 02:31 AM
I can't believe that's butter! I can't believe that's butter! is offline

I shall come clean as well. My last name is not really K.
Old 12-02-2002, 02:37 AM
I can't believe that's butter! I can't believe that's butter! is offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SPOOFE
Hey, wait a minute... FIRE isn't COLD?!?

Then what the hell have I been using to cool my drinks all these years?!?!?
Exactly what I haven't been using, according tothis thread.
Closed Thread